WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

19 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

It's just as I thought. I knew this was going to happen eventually, because NICE bus (which is also managed by these guys) have been trying to go on strike for the past year due to similarly bad conditions. I wonder if Four Mile Run, West Ox, and Sheppard's Parkway could help out with Cinder Bed's Rushhour lines until things get back on track (if they ever do)?

How in the Blue hell did this even happen!?!? You think it's a Sheppard's Parkway bus?

Yeah but routes are cancelled right now from Cinder Bed so idk how they’ll handle it for later.

Also we found out the DE40LFA is 6475 from Andrews division. That’s definitely a write off.

37 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here’s another picture of the resulting accident Along Suitland Parkway. 6475 is most likely going to be retired following this accident. That damage too severe.

32DE9D19-D54F-4673-A923-CB03B3C4F9A1.jpeg

I don't know... to me, it kinda looks repairable. Major damage sure, but to the point of it getting scrapped, I'm not so certain. Remember, they could just reuse parts from other retired DE42LFAs like (#6367, #6487, and #6499?). I know atleast 3 other units were prematurely retired a few years ago. I'm still puzzled as to how this bus ended up upside down?!?

Now that I think about, it has not been a good week for the 2 newest Metrobus depots has it?

38 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Here’s another picture of the resulting accident Along Suitland Parkway. 6475 is most likely going to be retired following this accident. That damage too severe.

Also, what's the deal with the Nabi BRT 60 CNGs? Are any of them going to last past next year since the new artic order is going to be too small to retire ll of them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

I don't know... to me, it kinda looks repairable. Major damage sure, but to the point of it getting scrapped, I'm not so certain. Remember, they could just reuse parts from other retired DE42LFAs like (#6367, #6487, and #6499?). I know atleast 3 other units were prematurely retired a few years ago. I'm still puzzled as to how this bus ended up upside down?!?

Now that I think about, it has not been a good week for the 2 newest Metrobus depots has it?

Also, what's the deal with the Nabi BRT 60 CNGs? Are any of them going to last past next year since the new artic order is going to be too small to retire ll of them?

Wait a minute 6499 is retired? Where you hear that from cuz I never heard about it. Only DE40LFAs retired Ik are 6367 and 6487. Also NABIs 60s are running but will be replaced soon. And Cinder Bed is obviously a mess rn. But how did 6499 retire? 

11 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Actually scratch 6499 off the retired report because it’s currently running on Route 42. 

49 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Wait a minute 6499 is retired? Where you hear that from cuz I never heard about it. Only DE40LFAs retired Ik are 6367 and 6487. Also NABIs 60s are running but will be replaced soon. And Cinder Bed is obviously a mess rn. But how did 6499 retire? 

Actually scratch 6499 off the retired report because it’s currently running on Route 42. 

I wasn't sure of that last bus, but I remember another DE42LFA catching fire 2-3 years ago after a car rear-ended it. Maybe #6398?

BTW, Is the 7000 series order complete as of yet?

31 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

I wasn't sure of that last bus, but I remember another DE42LFA catching fire 2-3 years ago after a car rear-ended it. Maybe #6398?

BTW, Is the 7000 series order complete as of yet?

Yeah 6389. It’s repaired and at Shepherd Parkway right now. Also last I heard about the 7000 series it’s up to 7711.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah 6389. It’s repaired and at Shepherd Parkway right now. Also last I heard about the 7000 series it’s up to 7711.

Ok, cool. I thought the 7000s were complete at this point. I guess by year's end. Any update on Cinder Bed depot operations?

On 10/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

29K, 29N, and REX are operating on a Sunday schedule today. All other Routes from Cinder Bed aren’t operating today.

Still no updates on Cinder Bed? Why is no other WMATA depot helping out on these roads? BTW, saw C40LFR #2822 on the 7M this morning and Orion VII OG CNG #3028 on the 28G yesterday afternoon.

• Like 1

Also Orion VII OG CNG #2629 is still active as well. Thought it was retired. Are there any red 40ft transit seated Orion 7s left besides #2658?

On 10/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, vvozz said:

Hello , does anyone know is the bus operators at the contracted bus garage wear the same Metrobus uniforms as Union bus operators ?

The Cinder Bed drivers have a similar, but slightly different uniform. Instead of displaying the Metro logo, they say "Metrobus". Same with the dispatcher vehicles. 

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Also Orion VII OG CNG #2629 is still active as well. Thought it was retired. Are there any red 40ft transit seated Orion 7s left besides #2658?

The only other one is #2673 currently operating out of Bladensburg. The rest are retired or with suburban seating. 

I think 2718 is officially retired and probably some more but idk yet.

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Still no updates on Cinder Bed? Why is no other WMATA depot helping out on these roads? BTW, saw C40LFR #2822 on the 7M this morning and Orion VII OG CNG #3028 on the 28G yesterday afternoon.

Yeah idk why WMATA is not helping with the rest of The routes too it’s maybe because of contracts and other factors. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

The only other one is #2673 currently operating out of Bladensburg. The rest are retired or with suburban seating. 

I think 2718 is officially retired and probably some more but idk yet.

Yeah idk why WMATA is not helping with the rest of The routes too it’s maybe because of contracts and other factors. 

FFX is now putting extra buses on the 306 to for people who use the 29C, 29G, 29K, and 29W lines. In addition to the partial Metrobus strike in VA, Arlington Transit is now having a bus shortage due to maintenance issues (I guess with the NABI fleet, those 2007 buses look ready to go about now). Some routes are not even running because of this.

Yeah, I figured that bus was retired already, What's at CET storage now exactly?

So I;ve wasted the past hour doing some investigative work on the DASH MCIs and this is what I got back:

Recently, some photos from the DASH Roadeo were published and the MCIs 704 and 705 were seen (With plates). For a while now, it has been assumed that ex-pRTC 327-328, 336 were renumbered to 703-705. That said, I ran the plates for 705 and 704, and though 705 came back as 336 (Not to mention the faded 336 stickers it has), 704 came back as ex-PRTC 325 as opposed to either 327-328... So I ran all the license plate numbers in the vicinity of 704 and 705's plates (I ran them until I ended up consistently getting some other random vehicle VIN), and found that DASH had purchased (AT LEAST): 325-328, 330, 336...

Now this begs the question of what 703 is (The remaining buses are 326-328, 330...). It is not 327 for sure since that bus was clearly visible sitting in DASH's dead/retired/storage bus lot in a shot with another ambiguous MCI (##0; presumably 330, but who knows, maybe there are more MCIs purchased by DASH that I wasn't able to locate by blindly plugging in plates). Furthermore, in the garage shots of 704 and 705, there are clearly three MCIs in DASH paint visible, meaning that 703 cannot be one of those buses parked out back. This leaves only 326 and 328 to be the possible #703. I'm tempted to favor 328 since that bus was already noted as being renumbered by DASH, but without a plate I don't want to draw that conclusion... Can anyone shed light on this perhaps?

For anyone interested in checking out the specifics of what I found (All the plates, VINs I found, more details), instead of just going off the above, you can find that on the new DASH MCI page: Click me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

So I;ve wasted the past hour doing some investigative work on the DASH MCIs and this is what I got back:

Recently, some photos from the DASH Roadeo were published and the MCIs 704 and 705 were seen (With plates). For a while now, it has been assumed that ex-pRTC 327-328, 336 were renumbered to 703-705. That said, I ran the plates for 705 and 704, and though 705 came back as 336 (Not to mention the faded 336 stickers it has), 704 came back as ex-PRTC 325 as opposed to either 327-328... So I ran all the license plate numbers in the vicinity of 704 and 705's plates (I ran them until I ended up consistently getting some other random vehicle VIN), and found that DASH had purchased (AT LEAST): 325-328, 330, 336...

Now this begs the question of what 703 is (The remaining buses are 326-328, 330...). It is not 327 for sure since that bus was clearly visible sitting in DASH's dead/retired/storage bus lot in a shot with another ambiguous MCI (##0; presumably 330, but who knows, maybe there are more MCIs purchased by DASH that I wasn't able to locate by blindly plugging in plates). Furthermore, in the garage shots of 704 and 705, there are clearly three MCIs in DASH paint visible, meaning that 703 cannot be one of those buses parked out back. This leaves only 326 and 328 to be the possible #703. I'm tempted to favor 328 since that bus was already noted as being renumbered by DASH, but without a plate I don't want to draw that conclusion... Can anyone shed light on this perhaps?

For anyone interested in checking out the specifics of what I found (All the plates, VINs I found, more details), instead of just going off the above, you can find that on the new DASH MCI page: Click me

Why does DASH need MCIs anyway?

BTW, bus #352 brokedown the other day on I-95.

For that matter, do they still have any AN460s left?

On 10/24/2019 at 1:34 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Did they say how this bus crashed anyway?

20 hours ago, Chris.A said:

It was for the blue line shuttle but ultimately they were barely used for that. Supposed to be for the at2x now (but that route does not *need* MCIs). Frankly i can’t understand why they didn’t off load them all

20 hours ago, Chris.A said:

On 11/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Also I heard Montgomery no longer have anymore D40LFRs as I'm told. 6153 is on the 30S right now so probably Andrews or Western or Shepherd Parkway took a hold of some.

The new PRTC Gillig Advantage BRTs are now in service. Spotted #1011 deadheading on I-95 south this morning. Still don't know how many came however......

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:44 PM, Orion6025 said:

This is super rare, in fact I never seen this before,  but there was an XN40 on the 26A earlier today! FMR sent a CNG to work the 26A (Would have been better if it were an Orion 7, but oh well).

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

It was most likely a loaner but West Ox imo needs new and more buses.

Yes, I tend to agree. West Ox's bus fleet is pretty boring and has been that way since their Orion Vs and Orion VIs left years ago. Remember Arlington depot's fleet? I remember them have mostly 1995 Flexible Metro E's (4000's and #4100's) and some 1997 Orion Vs along with the 35ft Metro Bs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Yes, I tend to agree. West Ox's bus fleet is pretty boring and has been that way since their Orion Vs and Orion VIs left years ago. Remember Arlington depot's fleet? I remember them have mostly 1995 Flexible Metro E's (4000's and #4100's) and some 1997 Orion Vs along with the 35ft Metro Bs.

Yeah I never really knew Arlington division since I was really young when it closed. But yeah I thought some of Northerns 2016 XDE40s could’ve gone to West Ox since they lost 7168-7179 and added the 3Y and 16L to their division in the process. 

15 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah I never really knew Arlington division since I was really young when it closed. But yeah I thought some of Northerns 2016 XDE40s could’ve gone to West Ox since they lost 7168-7179 and added the 3Y and 16L to their division in the process. 

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't do that? They should have sent like #7340-7374 or so to West Ox and West Ox could ditch #7180-7202. I would also give West Ox about 25 of the remaining 2000 Orion Vs to balance out the fleet age. For me, this is how I would have done it:

West Ox

- 2000 Orion 5.501s: 25 units

-2009 New Flyer DE37LFAs :3758-3770

-2010 New Flyer DE42LFAs #6575-6609

-2016 New Flyer XDE40s #7340-7374.

especially  since they have the 3Y and 16L. I'd also have them share some 18s and 29G runs with Cinder Bed depot seeing their ongoing strike crisis. Any update on that btw?

And last I heard, West Ox was going to expand to accommodate about 30 more buses or so? Any truth to that? 

19 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't do that? They should have sent like #7340-7374 or so to West Ox and West Ox could ditch #7180-7202. I would also give West Ox about 25 of the remaining 2000 Orion Vs to balance out the fleet age. For me, this is how I would have done it:

West Ox

- 2000 Orion 5.501s: 25 units

-2009 New Flyer DE37LFAs :3758-3770

-2010 New Flyer DE42LFAs #6575-6609

-2016 New Flyer XDE40s #7340-7374.

especially  since they have the 3Y and 16L. I'd also have them share some 18s and 29G runs with Cinder Bed depot seeing their ongoing strike crisis. Any update on that btw?

And last I heard, West Ox was going to expand to accommodate about 30 more buses or so? Any truth to that? 

yeah West Ox and Western really need new buses. But Andrews could’ve taken all of Northern buses except all the Blue DE40LFAs and probably given 6468-6472. But West Ox could take some 2016 XDE40s and probably newer buses too.

Also 5462 is currently running on Route Z6.

Well was running