Conseil intermunicipal de transport Le Richelain
The Conseil intermunicipal de transport Le Richelain (CIT Le Richelain) was the public transportation system in the municipalities of Candiac, La Prairie, and St-Philippe-de-La-Prairie. It was operated under contract by Autobus La Québécoise Roussillon (a subsidiary of Groupe Swiftrans).
The Conseil intermunicipal de transport Le Richelain (CIT Le Richelain) was created in 1984 alongside the other municipal transit councils (CITs) which were tasked with providing public transportation in the municipalities surrounding the Greater Montreal area. The Le Richelain name comes from the demonym for a resident of the Richelieu River valley.
The original municipality members of the CIT Le Richelain were La Prairie, Candiac, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Saint-Luc, and L'Acadie. In 1997, the CIT Le Richelain consited of the members: Candiac, La Prairie, and L'Acadie. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu had formed its own transit system. St-Philippe-de-La-Prairie was added to the CIT in 1999. L'Acadie was no longer a part of the CIT by 2003, after merging with Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu the year prior.
CIT Le Richelain reviewed its services with Gestrans in 2014, with a totally revised network, free-fare local circuits, extended service hours and new stops.
New legislation reorganizing public transit in the greater Montréal area came into effect on June 1, 2017, which replaced AMT with RTM. As part of the reorganization, CIT Le Richelain was replaced by exo Le Richelain.
- 11 Saint-Philippe/Candiac
- 21 Vieux La Prairie
- 22 La Magdeleine
- 23 Grand-Boisé
- 28 La Prairie hors pointe via Saint-José
- 29 La Prairie hors pointe via Taschereau
- 31 Jean-Leman
- 32 Deauville
- 33 Champlain
- 38 Candiac hors pointe via Deauville
- 39 Candiac hors pointe via Montcalm
- 121 La Prairie - Montréal via Notre-Dame
- 122 La Prairie - Montréal via Saint-Jean
- 123 La Prairie - Montréal via Palerme
- 124 La Prairie - Montréal via la Magdeleine
- 132 Candiac - Montréal via Deauville
- 133 Candiac - Montréal via Saint-François-Xavier
- 321 La Prairie - Montreal via Panama
- 323 La Prairie - Montréal
- 340 Candiac - Longueuil
- 341 La Prairie - Longueuil
- 343 Candian - Longueuil
- T-11 Taxibus La Prairie (montée Saint-Claude)
- T-12 Taxibus Saint-Philippe
- T-27 Taxibus La Prairie (place Johanne)
- T-28 Taxibus Candiac - Terminus La Prairie
- T-35 Taxibus Candiac - Stationnement Montcalm
- T-36 Taxibus Candiac - Gare Candiac
- T-51 Taxibus Terminus Panama - Stationnement Montcalm
Access to local route is free, but CITLR offers a wide array of overlays to the AMT fare system
- Address: 315 rue MacDonald, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC J3B 8J3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 514-877-6003
- CIT Le Richelain. [http://www.municipalite.saint-philippe.qc.ca/document/communique_nouveau_reseau_CIT_le_Richelain_11_aout_2014.pdf Le nouveau réseau de transport en commun du CIT Le Richelain entre en opération le 11 août], page retrieved February 1st, 2016.