Cornwall Transit

sdgta2008

The City of Cornwall has just opened a tender for 3 new 30 ft Low Floor buses. Who they're going to buy it from is unknown to me at this time... I'd say an Orion VII being as they've been buying from Orion since 1992 but I have a feeling they may want something more fuel efficient. If anyone wants to throw in a guess, be my guest :P .

The City of Cornwall has just opened a tender for 3 new 30 ft Low Floor buses. Who they're going to buy it from is unknown to me at this time... I'd say an Orion VII being as they've been buying from Orion since 1992 but I have a feeling they may want something more fuel efficient. If anyone wants to throw in a guess, be my guest :P .

Most likely Eldorado ez rider. I did't think 30ft. Orion VII's come with a rear door or was that New Flyer?

The only Orion buses they like in the fleet are the 92's.. rest are junk as per what the fleet manager told me.

Blue birdy or Eld.. is my guess.

That I believe. The 2003 Orion V's seem to be in the shop more than the others. I even noticed tonight that their oldest bus 8558 (1985 Classic) managed to make a full day of service.

That I believe. The 2003 Orion V's seem to be in the shop more than the others. I even noticed tonight that their oldest bus 8558 (1985 Classic) managed to make a full day of service.

Hmmm, I know why the 03 are in the shop so much, thanks to the EGR engine crap that kept blowing up.

With the school contract lost, this means the CNG will be a mothball once the 30ft comes in!

So, what is the fate of the CNG program? I remember when it was introduced in September 1994 to great fanfare. Thanks to those beautiful 94s they got, the Orion V CNG became my favourite transit model. WAY better than this low floor nonsense we have today, not enough seating and throw you around the bus when it starts up from a light and you're still standing.

So, what is the fate of the CNG program? I remember when it was introduced in September 1994 to great fanfare. Thanks to those beautiful 94s they got, the Orion V CNG became my favourite transit model. WAY better than this low floor nonsense we have today, not enough seating and throw you around the bus when it starts up from a light and you're still standing.

IIRC, the problem is that back in 94 when they have a program with the City and the Public Works to have CNG as a clean air program. However, in 1999 the Public Works left and therefore the Transit has to run their CNG itself.

Sherman et al

It would be best if Cornwall Transit built upon the strong foundation of a successful CNG deployment and maintained the system at full capacity. The supply of oil is finite, but the supply of natural gas is infinite. Moving forward in this manner ensures the best possible return on established assets which have been funded in previous budgets. Let us all move forward together.

It would be best if Cornwall Transit built upon the strong foundation of a successful CNG deployment and maintained the system at full capacity. The supply of oil is finite, but the supply of natural gas is infinite. Moving forward in this manner ensures the best possible return on established assets which have been funded in previous budgets. Let us all move forward together.

Unfortunately, cost of maintenance is very high esp. the engine had to be changed quite often.

Why is Southern California buys CNG or any other alternative and not diesel? The answer: Because their governement tells them to run a cleaner fuel to reduce the smog. However, there are few of them opposed to have it.

Hmmmm well in light of all the attention we are giving to environmental issues, maybe we need to take a second look at CNG? Instead of bothering me by banning my grocery bags (which won't make a darn bit of difference because we all need litter/garbage bags, which will then have to be purchased at retail) why not move forward with the CNG solution already in place? We need to move forward, not backwards, folks. At least that's what the politicians say when they want our votes.