STM 28-XXX buses are here!

stm_5307N

Actually, I don't think were supposed to get anymore....they seem to have almost ordered them to just to compare them with the hybrids...plus Nova is apparently only focused on artic production, but anything is possible.....

That's just plain dangerous!

I don't kno wif it's enough to cause any damage (I tend not to leave my arm stuck on it for obvious reasons). But, it's certainly enough to send someone into a cursing fit when they touch it.

Any exterior changes on these ones?
At first sight, nothing different than 28-001 to 28-007.

I highly doubt that any 28's will have any modification to them from what we have already received, artics will be the first ones to get this IMO.

I don't like that they are at St-Laurent, and there is two...we all know what there is also two of at St-Laurent....:huh:

28-013 on the 171 and 28-015 on the 64 today at Cote-Vertu. Looks like the STM has received a new batch of 28-0XXs, and they ended up in St. Laurent. When did this happen?

They only got them last week, so they just entered service in the last few days.

:P

They ordered a lot!

Well, with the 50+ broken down and even more retired buses at St-Laurent, it's no surprise that Lasalle and St-Laurent will be getting the most.

This is sad on the other hand, that means that the more new buses they get, the less reason they have to keep the older fleet still active. Which is probably why St-Laurent has been dispersing it's 11 series, and the fate of the last 59's is still at that garage now. 60-013 seems in a pretty solid position now, regular rush hour service, and a bit before and after as well.

I saw 28-017 this afternoon in the rain doing the 202 to Fairview at Dorval station.

Hmm, I see they have a lot of them out now... Well, my sighting was for 28-008, fully tagged inside, laying over before going on the 110 at 12:30am.

Nice, I saw this bus on the same line at roughly the time you posted.

Interesting. Do you work in that area? I do, and that's why I rely on the 115. I work for a small radio station whose offices are at the end of Ferrier St. The 115 stops further up the street.

Nope I was heading to the NB Decarie Expy and happened to see it... I get a lot of sightings like that, on the fly, pure coincidence. I'd like to ride or photograph them before they get vandalized... although I'm sure that I'm already too late.

Nope I was heading to the NB Decarie Expy and happened to see it... I get a lot of sightings like that, on the fly, pure coincidence. I'd like to ride or photograph them before they get vandalized... although I'm sure that I'm already too late.

Me too. And sometimes, I actually do get photos, and they usually turn out great. A red light can be your best friend in this case.

As for 28-015, unfortunately, it already had been vandalized a bit. Some of the back windows already have "scratchitti" marks on them. Oh well. That certainly didn't take long...

However, it certainly looks and sounds great, regardless of that.

I'd place my bets on either 17, the highest we have seen or 20.

Make that 25. Today, my 17 was was provided by 28-025. I spoke with the driver, who was rather friendly, and she said that it was one of the STM's newest buses. When I asked her if it was from CT St. Laurent, she told me that indeed it was. I think she also said something along the lines of the fact that she liked it or something.

So I guess we either have at least 25 28-0XXs now, and that 28-025 must have been one of the most recent arrivals to CT St. Laurent.

Make that 25. Today, my 17 was was provided by 28-025. I spoke with the driver, who was rather friendly, and she said that it was one of the STM's newest buses. When I asked her if it was from CT St. Laurent, she told me that indeed it was. I think she also said something along the lines of the fact that she liked it or something.

So I guess we either have at least 25 28-0XXs now, and that 28-025 must have been one of the most recent arrivals to CT St. Laurent.

And unfortunately it has a scratchiti already when I saw it on the 17 around 6:15pm... :unsure:

Not so "random".

A future sociological study will surely be made to reveal the fact that a certain segment of modern youth has been under the influence of a specific form of compulsive behaviour which drives them to "leave their mark" in these types of vandalism.

One can only wonder what they will think of themselves when they finally grow up and look back at what they did.

Let's hope that guilt will cause them to make some form of restitition and/or come clean with what they have done. :unsure:

Somehow, I can't imagine them condoning such behavior in their own offspring :D !