Old Greyhound timetables

Swadian

They always ran 3x week in the winter and up and until 2005, they ran 6 days a week from usually late May/early June until early-mid Sept! They did indeed used to run all the way to Fairbanks from Whitehorse back until sometime in the mid-late 80's? They used to switch drivers in Beaver Creek. And I think it was twice a week year round. Greyhound never ran to Dawson City as Norline Coaches had that service right up until late 90's early 2000's. Which they ran twice a week and I believe 3 in the summers. they used to do a round trip in one day. Also Greyhound's Terminal where it is now has only existed since late 90's. And Actually service from Fort St John to Fort Nelson was 3 x week right up until early-mid 80's when they switched it to 6 days a week year round.  The bus for many years left Whitehorse at 12 Noon(Tues/Thur/Sat) and returned at around 5 am.(Wed/Fri/Sun) , later on it switched to 2 pm and finally since 2011 it's been a 6pm departure(Mon/Wed/Fri from Whitehorse)

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 5:04 PM, Swadian said:

What other services used to exist up in the Yukon and Northern BC? What happened to Norline Coaches?

their was Mayo Bus lines that ran a little van up to Mayo from Stewart crossing back in the Norline days.. And their have been quite a few companies running Dawson City to Whitehorse over the years, But Husky Bus which has been operating Summer service for the last 3 or so years seems to have the market their to themselves. Norline still exists I believe they run school buses under contract for the Yukon Govt. Oh and Norhwest Stages ran all over the yukon just small vans they didnt last long though. Atlin Express still operates once a week service to Atlin.

17 hours ago, roeco said:

Yes Frontier Still operates a passenger and freight service between Hay River and Yellowknife and Hay River and Fort Smith, their Greyhound Courier agent and operate Charters

Is it possible to travel by motorcoach from Edmonton to Yellowknife?

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Swadian said:

Did Greyhound ever run on AB-40, the Hinton-Grande Prairie shortcut? What about Grande Prairie-Peace River?

Greyhound itself never ran on Hwy 40 but the Hinton agent did Freight to Grande Cache for quite a number of years, And Yes they did run Grande Prairie to Peace River until i think 2006 and as an interline after that with First Canada. An interline partner has just Re started the Peace River to Grande Praire passenger service on Nov 6. Freight has always been carried.

Interesting topic....I actually rode all the way from New York to Fairbanks, back in 1970.....

From Edmonton north it was still Coachways, and Alaskan Coachways at that time....we rode on a 4107 as far as Dawson Creek, and then switched to a Western Flyer "Bruck" combo for the rest of the way....a very memorable experience!

The combo carried Everything in its cargo compartment....even canoes, and coffins!

Here is an interesting link I found with more history and links within....http://www.explorenorth.com/library/bus/coachways-history.html