Innisfil Transit

MCI102A3

There was an article in the newspaper today about a transit study done in Innisfil, near Barrie this year.

The original report called for one bus running a route from Innisfil Beach Road's Lake Simcoe end to Barrie South railway station in Barrie, but some councillors balked at it.

An alternative to this proposal which has gotten praise from Council, is being billed as a "town-run Uber" ("ridesharing on steroids" and "Uber-like model" were the words used in the press), which would see some sort of 21st-century dispatch model that would possibly used Town-owned vans that would be dispatched like Uber cars and would be designed to run the busiest trips in Innisfil which are otherwise done by private car.

For some reason, I cannot post links, I've been having this issue since I returned in 2012-2013, but the article's in today's Barrie Examiner newspaper and is on their website. If anybody can link this article, and direct me to somebody who can fix my issues so that I don't have to ask others to link for me, I'd appreciate it.

It is my intention to follow this story and keep apprised of the affairs. I'll make regular updates, as will anybody else that sees anything. But this is interesting to say the least.

There was an article in the newspaper today about a transit study done in Innisfil, near Barrie this year.

[...]

For some reason, I cannot post links, I've been having this issue since I returned in 2012-2013, but the article's in today's Barrie Examiner newspaper and is on their website. If anybody can link this article,

Innisfil eyes Uber-like transit model

By Miriam King, Bradford Times

Friday, November 6, 2015 7:07:26 EST PM

• 1 year later...

The local CTV News station also had a report about this partnership that I watched.

I must say that it'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and hopefully people will use it. I obvs can't use it because I don't have a smartphone, nor can I afford one, but at least it's a start. I heard they're still wanting to partner with the town's two taxi companies to build on this project, would be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I think a minibus from Barrie South station to Big Bay Point may be in order, as that area's growing pretty good and is already somewhat developed and easy to get to, but if any bus links Barrie to Innisfil, it'll probs go to Stroud and Alcona first.