TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hello Everyone,

I applied for the STATION COLLECTOR position in August 2016. 

I had my interview on Friday February 4th. 

I have not heard back from HR yet, and last week when I asked one of my reference's they said they had not been contacted. Anyone else from the same session or any previous collectors that can give me any input on a timeline? I know its only been 2 weeks but like everyone else who applied, I really want this job!

Thanks in advance!

On 2/18/2017 at 3:27 PM, a1brt said:

Did you guys get placed close to home?

@Quan we had medical the same day, what time was yours?

It's about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic from home, down the 400, to Black Creek where Mt Dennis is. Arrow would be the only one closer to me, but I'm glad I got Mt Dennis. My medical appointment was at 1:30pm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quan said:

I live in Vaughan near Rutherford and Hwy 400. It's about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic from home, down the 400, to Black Creek where Mt Dennis is. Arrow would be the only one closer to me, but I'm glad I got Mt Dennis. My medical appointment was at 1:30pm.

Not a bad commute at all!  

• Like 1

Successful documentation date yesterday! Apparently the wait for a training date could be up to 3-5 months now because the estimated demand of operators needed is not as high as they first expected. Nonetheless just one last step to go hopefully the wait isn't so long!

• Like 1

Good luck to all those who recently started and those who are expecting a call.

I'm signing off for the foreeable future given that all the information new applicants are looking for is already in the thread. 

My advice to those who are in the application stage is be patient, follow instructions carefully, search this thread for information because it's packed with all the answers you're looking for, and perhaps most importantly don't pay attention to a lot of the gossip that you'll hear. Most of the time it's fake news.

Cheers and all the best!

• Like 3

Anyone else in this situation....

Here is my Timeline so far:

Attended Information Session: August 30, 2016
Email Invitation For Interview: September 12, 2016
Attended Interview: October 14, 2016
Medical Appointment: November 14, 2016
Received Police Clearance: November 21, 2016
Call for Documentation: December 7, 2017
Documentation appointment: December 14, 2017

Training Date: Pending 

At the Documentation we asked for a timeline because I was going out of the country and didn't want to miss the call.  We were told the beginning of March as a guesstimate date and that was base on the Medical date of around mid November but from looking at other peoples timelines,  they are still around the Medical date of October 24ish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTCGAL? said:

Anyone else in this situation....

Here is my Timeline so far:

Attended Information Session: August 30, 2016
Email Invitation For Interview: September 12, 2016
Attended Interview: October 14, 2016
Medical Appointment: November 14, 2016
Received Police Clearance: November 21, 2016
Call for Documentation: December 7, 2017
Documentation appointment: December 14, 2017

Training Date: Pending 

At the Documentation we asked for a timeline because I was going out of the country and didn't want to miss the call.  We were told the beginning of March as a guesstimate date and that was base on the Medical date of around mid November but from looking at other peoples timelines,  they are still around the Medical date of October 24ish. 

Can't hurt to give an email and ask about your progress in line.  I had exact same info session and medical date as you but did documentstion in January and started training in Feb.   Good luck.

44 minutes ago, ttcedy said:

anyone have an update for the station collector position? (if you have done an interview this month)

Hey Man,

I applied for the STATION COLLECTOR position in August 2016. 

I had my interview on Friday February 4th. 

I have not heard back from HR yet, and last week when I asked one of my reference's they said they had not been contacted. Anyone else from the same session or any previous collectors that can give me any input on a timeline? I know its only been 2+ weeks but like everyone else who applied, I really want this job!

When did you apply/interview?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, dwizzy85 said:

Hey Man,

I applied for the STATION COLLECTOR position in August 2016. 

I had my interview on Friday February 4th. 

I have not heard back from HR yet, and last week when I asked one of my reference's they said they had not been contacted. Anyone else from the same session or any previous collectors that can give me any input on a timeline? I know its only been 2+ weeks but like everyone else who applied, I really want this job!

When did you apply/interview?

Thanks in advance!

I applied same time as you and had my interview last week, i assume since it took 6 months to get the the interview the process will be slow .

11 hours ago, Pirlo said:

Successful documentation date yesterday! Apparently the wait for a training date could be up to 3-5 months now because the estimated demand of operators needed is not as high as they first expected. Nonetheless just one last step to go hopefully the wait isn't so long!

Good luck. I've heard they will be hiring lots of new subway hires this year, but also heard not all applicants are eligible for all three modes, not sure what the requirements are though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slowtyper said:

Good luck. I've heard they will be hiring lots of new subway hires this year, but also heard not all applicants are eligible for all three modes, not sure what the requirements are though.

Thank you! I actually wouldn't mind subway but they keep saying they mainly need bus operators lol I'm assuming subway would have less requirements as opposed to bus or streetcar maybe then? 

Hi everyone. 

I've been silently trolling this discussion board to get a sense of expected response times in the onboarding process. Happy to share I received a call for my training start date today! 

Timeline:

Applied Online                                   June 13, 2016
Info Session Invitation                     July 19, 2016
Info Session                                       July 27, 2016
Invitation for Interview Email           Aug 12, 2016
Interview Date                                    Sept 26, 2016
Conditional Offer                               Oct 11, 2016
Medical                                               Oct 14, 2016
Police Clearance Letter Sent           Oct 25, 2016
Documentation                                 Jan 11, 2017
Training Start Date                           March 13, 2017

Here's hoping that my timeline can help those currently waiting for calls!

Good luck to all!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pirlo said:

Thank you! I actually wouldn't mind subway but they keep saying they mainly need bus operators lol I'm assuming subway would have less requirements as opposed to bus or streetcar maybe then? 

I've heard that you can't drive subway if you're color blind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ttcgirl said:

Hi everyone. 

I've been silently trolling this discussion board to get a sense of expected response times in the onboarding process. Happy to share I received a call for my training start date today! 

Timeline:

Applied Online                                   June 13, 2016

Info Session Invitation                     July 19, 2016

Info Session                                       July 27, 2016

Invitation for Interview Email           Aug 12, 2016

Interview Date                                    Sept 26, 2016

Conditional Offer                               Oct 11, 2016

Medical                                               Oct 14, 2016

Police Clearance Letter Sent           Oct 25, 2016

Documentation                                 Jan 11, 2017

Training Start Date                           March 13, 2017

Here's hoping that my timeline can help those currently waiting for calls!

Good luck to all!

Congrats!  What mode and division?

Just now, a1brt said:

Let's hope so..this wait has been the hardest part of the whole process lol

Yes 4 months since your documentation date seems so long ago I sure hope I wont have to wait as long or even longer seeing my documentation was just this week !