TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 hour ago, OperatorApp said:

hello all, first post here, 

i have received an email stating i passed the interview and someone will be in contact with me for conditional offer, this was 5 days ago, anyone ever had a longer wait time then this for conditional offer after passing interview?

i know silly question just anxious as most people are here:)

Yeah man, I had to wait more than three weeks after I got the congratulations call before they called me back to set up dates for my conditional offer signing and medical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTCOpITM said:

Yeah man, I had to wait more than three weeks after I got the congratulations call before they called me back to set up dates for my conditional offer signing and medical.

Nice thanks man, keeps me at ease, how would you say training is

i currently work driving 22ft trucks their super easy, was wondering if training is really hard or not 

Hi everyone 

This is my first time posting. I applied 2 years ago where I made it to the interview stage and wasn't successful.  I applied again and made it to the interview stage again I had  my interview last week one of my references was contacted  does this mean I passed my interview ??? Your responses are greatly appreciated .

1 hour ago, Ridealong said:

Hi everyone 

This is my first time posting. I applied 2 years ago where I made it to the interview stage and wasn't successful.  I applied again and made it to the interview stage again I had  my interview last week one of my references was contacted  does this mean I passed my interview ??? Your responses are greatly appreciated .

Should mean your good 

I had the same thing done and it meant I passed 

5 hours ago, OperatorApp said:

i currently work driving 22ft trucks their super easy, was wondering if training is really hard or not 

I wouldn't say it's super difficult, it is a bit challenging and nerve-wracking at times though. I can't speak for every mode because I've only been trained on streetcar so far. As long as you do your homework and follow instructions, you should be fine.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, Oscar101 said:

Tks! I've been invited for June 22. Pretty excited. 

so how did it go...I went in yesterday and it was a good session. The aptitude test was easy but they trick you with questions that are deemed to waste your time and you are short of time to answer..overall I feel good about my test hopefully you will too...all the best..

1 hour ago, afk1975 said:

so how did it go...I went in yesterday and it was a good session. The aptitude test was easy but they trick you with questions that are deemed to waste your time and you are short of time to answer..overall I feel good about my test hopefully you will too...all the best..

Went great. Test was way easier than practising online, don't you think? Hope you and I get an interview request soon. Cheers!

For everyone else out there who is keeping track of dates: Today they said they will be inviting us for interviews at the latest August 30. Passing that, start of training would be somewhere October-November.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, Oscar101 said:

Went great. Test was way easier than practising online, don't you think? Hope you and I get an interview request soon. Cheers!

For everyone else out there who is keeping track of dates: Today they said they will be inviting us for interviews at the latest August 30. Passing that, start of training would be somewhere October-November.

Oh yes it was way easier than the practice tests... you are right I was told by the HR lady they are planning on bringing on people onboard by the fall this year from our sessions..so this is happening fast. lets hope we get calls for the interviews..wait game..

On 21/06/2016 at 6:04 PM, OperatorApp said:

i currently work driving 22ft trucks their super was wondering if it's really difficult or not 

Actually driving the bus is the easy part of the job!

I stayed on the 300 and the Queen night car for 30 mins each but not the rest. See what you have to see on the 320.  You'll get mostly the same answers from all the ops anyways.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

I just had a question in regards to the police check. I emailed them and I was told that it was received but it is sent out in batches through the mail. But if Canada Post goes on strike, it will obviously delay the training for many of us. Is there there any way that I can pick it up somewhere? Not sure if it's possible? 

Thanks 

Busgirl 

On June 26, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Betablocker said:

Quick question to those who were recently hired about the job shadowing assignment: did you complete the entire route or stayed on for at least 30 minutes?

i did 30-40 minutes on each,

one route i stayed on for an hour because i ended up knowing the OP lol

but half hour is good i would say

3 hours ago, OperatorApp said:

i did 30-40 minutes on each,

one route i stayed on for an hour because i ended up knowing the OP lol

but half hour is good i would say

Essentially same with me, most were 30 minutes but I knew one of the OPs and stayed on for a coupl hours. They're really only looking for the 30 minutes to ensure you can follow instructions - you can be exact just don't do anything less .

On June 26, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Betablocker said:

hey guys, 

my medical is tomorrow but can't help but think of training,

can anyone shed some light on what training is like?

at my info session they told me more than likely we will be on bus, any info on bus training specifically the written test will be greatly appricated  

thanks in advance guys

I can only speak for bus, it needs your 100% commitment if you have kids have family/partner help as you will be tired driving isn't hard, you start out slow study air brakes as if your life depended on it and don't be afraid to ride the white line lol as my trainer said its only paint lol 

On 28/06/2016 at 1:50 PM, OperatorApp said:

hey guys, 

my medical is tomorrow but can't help but think of training,

can anyone shed some light on what training is like?

at my info session they told me more than likely we will be on bus, any info on bus training specifically the written test will be greatly appricated  

thanks in advance guys

It really depends on who you get for an instructor. Some are excellent and others not so much but I really found training to be quite enjoyable and not nearly as stressful or difficult as I expected....although everyone's experience will be different of course.

• Like 1

On June 16, 2016 at 0:35 PM, afk1975 said:

hi guys this is my first post..i would first like to thank you all for all the information you guys have provided which helps a newbie like me..

I am in a jam. I am debating if I should switch my current job and join TTC or shall I stay where I am. I am having a decent job with benefits, vacations, sick days and its a semi government job. However the pay is not as lucrative as TTC offers plus the pension. Yes I know it comes with a price of loosing family and social life but I think you can manage it after certain months on the job. I have my info session coming up next week and have been working on the wonderlic website for the aptitude test questions (very helpful). I have always wanted to join TTC as I love the job. In my current role I wont go any further, however I know at TTC you can either become a supervisor or a collector after couple of years. I would like to know if any of you were in the same boat as me before they switched? Thanks.

Anything is possible it depends on how much you really want it. I went from office work to bring an operator , I have Young kids , my husbands an operator .. You can make it work :) 

7 minutes ago, Mrsb2you said:

Anything is possible it depends on how much you really want it. I went from office work to bring an operator , I have Young kids , my husbands an operator .. You can make it work :) 

Just don't count on moving to collectors after a few years. That position will be changing dramatically with less positions and pay. If anyone's noticed a big increase of collectors coming back a operators.

Hi everyone, 

As like everybody else, I am very thankful for this forum and all the responses received. I am happy to say that I am waiting for my criminal reference check now.

Question- Has anyone picked up their Criminal reference check directly from the Police station if possible? And what was the procedure? I am afraid that with the Canada Post strike next week  my paperwork will be delayed. Thanks  for any responses. 

On 2016-07-01 at 0:44 PM, andyman said:

It really depends on who you get for an instructor. Some are excellent and others not so much but I really found training to be quite enjoyable and not nearly as stressful or difficult as I expected....although everyone's experience will be different of course.

My experiences were pretty much the same as this..

Subway.

• Like 1