TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 2016-05-22 at 4:31 PM, FlyerD901 said:

Well they have to respect the agreement between the Union and Management. As discussed already, you can move to another division within the same mode (Bus-to-Bus, Subway-to-Subway, etc) in under two years when your new. But can't move to another mode (Bus-to-Subway, etc) within your first two years of service. You should have asked them before you but you bid in.

I'm well aware of the rules lol...  I put it in because nothing to lose. Thought might be able to squeeze out or something.

Hello everyone,

I applied last week and received an invitation for an information session being held tomorrow. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for all the useful information that's been posted. We'll see how things go tomorrow, gotta to be there first thing in the morning.

On 4/11/2016 at 8:02 PM, andyman said:

Very true. An HR rep told me recently it's impossible to look at every resume they receive so just to get the call to the info session and interview are an accomplishment. Usually during the info session one person is removed for not following instructions properly also. I'm told that is a planted TTC employee to set the example that if you don't or can't follow simple instructions your out.

Did not happen at my session but yes they made it very clear the purpose behind the instructions for the assessment is to find out if you can follow instructions effectively. Same goes for the job shadowing. They told everyone to turn the cell phone off and surely enough in the middle of the session some guy's phone rings.

I had an interview a couple of days ago, it seemed okay I suppose. Does anybody know the average time frame that they get back to you? They said 1month, but wanted to know if anybody got called back sooner. And do they usually email a response or call? Thanks... 

I had my interview may first week. Still no reply from HR. Any one had interview this time. Please response. I'm loosing my hope

35 minutes ago, Bus girl said:

I had an interview a couple of days ago, it seemed okay I suppose. Does anybody know the average time frame that they get back to you? They said 1month, but wanted to know if anybody got called back sooner. And do they usually email a response or call? Thanks... 

Yes. They told me same like that. Keep waiting...

14 hours ago, Bus girl said:

You'll get an e-mail if it went poorly and a phone call if it went well... so no e-mail/news is good news.  Be patient... takes forever for anything to happen.

Hey there,

For those of you who have gone through the driver recruitment process recently. I know the whole process should take a year, but I only just applied. Knowing that they eliminate people at every phase, I just want to know how long did it take to get an invitation for an info session?

Thanks,

O

2 hours ago, Oscar101 said:

Hey there,

For those of you who have gone through the driver recruitment process recently. I know the whole process should take a year, but I only just applied. Knowing that they eliminate people at every phase, I just want to know how long did it take to get an invitation for an info session?

Thanks,

O

3  or 4 weeks..

On May 27, 2016 at 0:31 PM, Bus girl said:

Ok... Thank you for your response...crossing my fingers... Do you know if they always ask for us to fill out the criminal reference check at the interview? ( maybe it's a good sign? ) 

Yes that's a very good sign; my friend went through the interview but was not asked to sign the police form and did not get the position ultimately. Both my partner and I were asked to sign the form and we both got in.

On 2016-05-27 at 0:31 PM, Bus girl said:

Ok... Thank you for your response...crossing my fingers... Do you know if they always ask for us to fill out the criminal reference check at the interview? ( maybe it's a good sign? ) 

I was not asked to do this.. Upon completing the interview they just asked me if I had any questions for them and then just said ok thanks cya.. we'll contact you one way or another.

24 minutes ago, CocoonMaN said:

I was not asked to do this.. Upon completing the interview they just asked me if I had any questions for them and then just said ok thanks cya.. we'll contact you one way or another.

How did it go for you? Good.. I hope? 

On May 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM, kotraders said:

anyone know how many ppl they are thinking of hiring this year?

2014 and 2015 were around 600 right?

It will be around 600 again this year I'm told. I just wrote my final test for streetcar at Russell and they already have aother class scheduled behind me. Final road test next Wednesday for me and with division trainers in revenue service until then :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OperatorP said:

It will be around 600 again this year I'm told. I just wrote my final test for streetcar at Russell and they already have aother class scheduled behind me. Final road test next Wednesday for me and with division trainers in revenue service until then :)

Thanks, waiting is very hard since i am still at the beginning of the stage @.@

Hi guys I applied back in 2013 and all the steps took fairly long I finally received my tps letter in the mail a month ago and when I called ttc they said I have to apply again. Which isn't fair as I did whay I was told and it's not my fault all the steps like RCMP and tps took very long.  Any suggestions?  Should I go to the office and speak to someone in parson? I passed all the tests interviews everything.