TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Have you seen Eglinton lately? What a disaster and will be for years to come.......but everyone still signs it because they know they will sit in traffic without moving. LOL. Scarlet road is terrrible as well parts on Lawrence, needed to be repaved years ago! Not to mention the trash on Weston road.

Yeah I drove a part of it last week in my car....thank god it was 2am with no traffic. It is a science to sign a route under construction if you like sitting and doing half your trips, it's not for me though I like driving. If I wanted to sit in traffic all day I'd go to Streetcar.

Queensway is a good division just keep in mind we have a lot of short routes. If you like those then you're set. I like doing longer routes with fewer trips.

I am being asked to go for fingerprints? Anyone have to do this? Where do you go and whats the process with HR on this? Is it a set back? What is the cost and who pays?

I know someone who needed fingerprinting and it took 4 months just to get that done, then he had to resubmit his police check to have it finished off. Not to scare you but it depends how busy they are.

Trainer told me one bus on bus and you're out of here. Not to mention the divisions littered with "bus on bus collisions are unacceptable." My partner hit his mirror on a pole day three it didn't break off but he let it slide but said if it was another bus see you later.

Not to mention the other poor soul who actually was sent home for a bus on bus last week.

Maybe during training...bus on bus collisions aren't acceptable but you wont get fired for having one, however they are usually caused because someone isn't doing what they are suppost to be doing.

ie: taking your recovery in a shared bay, and therefore forcing a bus that could be late or due in at the same time to load/unload where they're not suppost to be either, which can lead to a domino effect during rush hour. I'll use Downsview as an example, if you have a 4min recovery, offload and park it on the fence to wait out your time. I know OTC says accomodate the passengers and let them wait on the bus during your recovery but thats not how it works when you get out there on your own. Aside from that we don't get lunch breaks and I like that time at the station by myself to eat/text etc without being stared at and have the passengers sucking their teeth until you leave.

From everyone I've met more passes than fails but still been quite a few fails last week. Take note. DO NOT HAVE ANY BUS ON BUS COLLISIONS. LOL.

TTC says the passing rate average is 80%. One week everyone could pass, the following group maybe half. Bottom line the people who fail did something or several things they weren't suppost to do. Sure some instructors are tougher on you then others but if you're not safe you're going to fail. TTC has an obligation to hire safe drivers and if they let something slide in training and that driver has a severe collision one week on their own OTC is going to have some explaining to do as to why they passed that driver.

4 months is awful...its already been 11. No job at moment so the struggle is there. Not because i don't want to work in favor of waiting it out for the TTC; there is just a lot of people like me looking for work and jobs are limited. Having no income is extremely stressful for me and that is just a small taste of the stress I've had to overcome this past year. Either way if something comes in the interim I will jump at it but at the same time I am committed to this process. Everyone here has been a tremendous help and I hope we meet soon!!

Yeah I drove a part of it last week in my car....thank god it was 2am with no traffic. It is a science to sign a route under construction if you like sitting and doing half your trips, it's not for me though I like driving. If I wanted to sit in traffic all day I'd go to Streetcar.

Queensway is a good division just keep in mind we have a lot of short routes. If you like those then you're set. I like doing longer routes with fewer trips.

I know someone who needed fingerprinting and it took 4 months just to get that done, then he had to resubmit his police check to have it finished off. Not to scare you but it depends how busy they are.

Maybe during training...bus on bus collisions aren't acceptable but you wont get fired for having one, however they are usually caused because someone isn't doing what they are suppost to be doing.

ie: taking your recovery in a shared bay, and therefore forcing a bus that could be late or due in at the same time to load/unload where they're not suppost to be either, which can lead to a domino effect during rush hour. I'll use Downsview as an example, if you have a 4min recovery, offload and park it on the fence to wait out your time. I know OTC says accomodate the passengers and let them wait on the bus during your recovery but thats not how it works when you get out there on your own. Aside from that we don't get lunch breaks and I like that time at the station by myself to eat/text etc without being stared at and have the passengers sucking their teeth until you leave.

TTC says the passing rate average is 80%. One week everyone could pass, the following group maybe half. Bottom line the people who fail did something or several things they weren't suppost to do. Sure some instructors are tougher on you then others but if you're not safe you're going to fail. TTC has an obligation to hire safe drivers and if they let something slide in training and that driver has a severe collision one week on their own OTC is going to have some explaining to do as to why they passed that driver.

The passengers are better on Queensway routes I understand.....ok maybe not Kipling North and East Mall but still nothing compared to Eglinton, Weston, Keele etc.....we have short routes as well Christie, short ends of 71 and 47 plus Warren Park and 77 on weekends so I know but still if I can walk to Queensway makes sense for me,

4 months is awful...its already been 11. No job at moment so the struggle is there. Not because i don't want to work in favor of waiting it out for the TTC; there is just a lot of people like me looking for work and jobs are limited. Having no income is extremely stressful for me and that is just a small taste of the stress I've had to overcome this past year. Either way if something comes in the interim I will jump at it but at the same time I am committed to this process. Everyone here has been a tremendous help and I hope we meet soon!!

well said man. just wanted to introduce myself. I was at the feb 25th info session. still anxious for that interview date. got 1 month left to hear a response. this forum has relieved so much of the waiting stress !

also, what would you guys say is the most favoured route to do ??

Good day first off I want to say hi to all the people on this board.

Seems excellent.

I'm vinder and was inquiring about the TTC . Now friday april 11 is my face to face interview just wanted to know exactly what to expect question wise and so forth.

I'm very excited for this and don't want to blow this opportunity.

I have my transcript from high school

is that valid for the interview?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks do much!

Good day first off I want to say hi to all the people on this board.

Seems excellent.

I'm vinder and was inquiring about the TTC . Now friday april 11 is my face to face interview just wanted to know exactly what to expect question wise and so forth.

I'm very excited for this and don't want to blow this opportunity.

I have my transcript from high school

is that valid for the interview?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks do much!

You MUST HAVE your diploma or equivalency certificate. They probably told you this at the info session. Transcript wasn't good enough when I went through a few months ago doubt its changed. I had to get a copy of my diploma because id lost it long ago. Hope you didn't wait this long without pursuing a copy.

What is acceptable as proof of Grade 12?

The following documents are acceptable as proof of a Grade 12 high school diploma:

• Original Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma
  • Original Ontario Secondary School Transcript which clearly states that an Ontario Secondary School Diploma was awarded (prior to 1983/84 27 credits were required from 1984/85 onwards 30 credits are required for graduation)

it says this on thier website?

The following documents are acceptable as proof of a Grade 12 high school diploma:

• Original Ontario Secondary School Transcript which clearly states that an Ontario Secondary School Diploma was awarded (prior to 1983/84 27 credits were required from 1984/85 onwards 30 credits are required for graduation)

it says this on thier website?

My info session they said they needed diploma and if you didn't have it they needed proof that you've applied for it

Frequently Asked Questions

Grade 12 High School Diploma Requirement

What documents are acceptable as proof of an equivalent to Grade 12?

The types of equivalent documents that are acceptable are the following

• Original High School Equivalency Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education upon successful completion of the GED tests. Information regarding the GED and how to write the tests is available at The Independent Learning Centre external_link.gif
  • Original Ontario Secondary School Diploma or original transcripts.

What documents are acceptable as proof of an equivalency to Grade 12 if I was educated in another Canadian province?

The types of equivalent documents that are acceptable are the following:

What if I have a higher level of education above a Grade 12, what is acceptable as proof?

The types of documents that are acceptable are the following:

• Original Ontario Community College Diploma (minimum 2 years) or Ontario University Degree or Original Transcript.

What documents are acceptable as proof of an equivalency to Grade 12 if I was educated outside Canada?

The types of equivalent documents that are acceptable are the following:

What if I do not have an original diploma or transcript from my High School, do I require one?

All documents must be originals, photocopies are not acceptable. The following resources are available to obtain an official copy of your Ontario High School Diploma or Transcript:

• If you left a publicly funded school within the past five years, you will most likely be able to obtain your secondary school transcript from the last school you attended.
  • If you left a publicly funded school more than five years ago, or if the school you attended is no longer in operation, you should contact the school board, rather than the school. Ontario public school and separate school addresses can be found on the web at Ontario Ministry of Education. external_link.gif Ontario private school addresses can be found at Ontario Ministry of Education - Private Elementary and Secondary Schools external_link.gif

If you went to school in Toronto you can request your transcript from either of the following:

Call them and ask I'm just saying what they said to my group that question was asked and that's what we were told so I got a copy. They also said if we were educated on another country wed need to pay and have it evaluated here.

Maybe someone else can verify they got by with transcripts.

Call them and ask I'm just saying what they said to my group that question was asked and that's what we were told so I got a copy. They also said if we were educated on another country wed need to pay and have it evaluated here.

Maybe someone else can verify they got by with transcripts.

might be a silly question but did you have to pay to get a copy of your diploma??

thanks this is helpful i went to high school 20 years ago I got my transcript from the toronto district school board.

i thought that would be enough i moved so many times dont know the hell it went.

it may be too late to get one since my interview is on friday

but it clearly states on their site that the transcript is proof enough

this is so upsetting

someone say its ok!??

thanks this is helpful i went to high school 20 years ago I got my transcript from the toronto district school board.

i thought that would be enough i moved so many times dont know the hell it went.

this is so upsetting

someone say its ok!??

Just say.their site says it's acceptable I never read that was only going by what the woman said at info session maybe she was mistaken.

this is so upsetting

someone say its ok!??

Also print out where it says an original transcript is ok? Just to ease your mind a little, but if it says that then I'm sure HR will be aware it does too.

Also print out where it says an original transcript is ok? Just to ease your mind a little, but if it says that then I'm sure HR will be aware it does too.

transcript should be fine... I have my diploma framed and cant take it out so ttc has to be reasonable and accept another form of proof that you graduated highschool

transcript should be fine... I have my diploma framed and cant take it out so ttc has to be reasonable and accept another form of proof that you graduated highschool

Lol im not saying your wrong and they won't accept it but you'll find out fast that ttc doesn't have to do anything. I'm afraid during this process you'll give them exactly what they ask for even if it's the 20th time doing so or you'll be replaced with the next person I've seen it lol. Oh you didn't bring exactly what we asked to the interview? Guess what you're not getting an interview.

Lol im not saying your wrong and they won't accept it but you'll find out fast that ttc doesn't have to do anything. I'm afraid during this process you'll give them exactly what they ask for even if it's the 20th time doing so or you'll be replaced with the next person I've seen it lol. Oh you didn't bring exactly what we asked to the interview? Guess what you're not getting an interview.

no your totally right. you don't bring the right stuff then you shouldn't even be considered. but as long as it's proof then it should be valid... I might just break the frame and take my diploma out. wouldn't want to regret it lol

no your totally right. you don't bring the right stuff then you shouldn't even be considered. but as long as it's proof then it should be valid... I might just break the frame and take my diploma out. wouldn't want to regret it lol

I've never heard of a frame that can't be opened ?