TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I got a call for my interview which is 1 week later from the call. I had to abandon everything on the weekend to do assignment. Perhaps it might be best to do it ahead of time. lol

wow I got 2 months for face to fact interview. That's very short time.....

Why on earth would we tell you what the questions are?

The email you got inviting you to the interview outlines the interview itself!

To the one asking about copy or original of high school diploma, why take chances?. Take both things framed or not and make a copy of them.

It really shows how much you want or not a job.

Job shadowing?. I waited until I knew I had secured the interview. My time is valuable for sure.

But that's me, of course.

For iforparry: I got fingerprint request from the Police as well.

But things were done differently about a month ago. Before, the Police asked you to go get fingerprinted at the Police station itself and for far less than $100 bucks. It only took 2 weeks to receive my clearance by regular mail.

For Torontonian: I finally got my call last friday for documentation. Somehow I ended up after you even though I thought I was ahead of the game.

I'm just very glad and thankful to have made it to the last stage before training, that's a fact.

Best of luck for everybody else!,

Busan J.

Hi Busan, I had documentation a couple of weeks ago and they told me they will call for training in a month. I also know of people who went to documentation after me who already has a set training date when I don't. I guess it depends on the recruiter.

wow I got 2 months for face to fact interview. That's very short time.....

If you think that's short, they gave me a one day notice for documentation. I had to skip work to attend it. lol

hello guys, just wondering if anybody has already gone through the face to face.?

what actual questions are asked?

need to prepare

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks so much

i find everyone so helpful on here

If you paid attention at the info session, a lot of the interview questions they already went over it there. Take a look at your notes and you'll know what they are.

Good morning,

I have a question of medical results.

I phoned 1-800- 268- 1481 AND followed their direction as like putting driver licence NO.

I heard only to wait more than 20 minitues for connecting the operator instead of automatic message which has sent my results well.

I am wondering if I put the wrong number?

Good morning,

I have a question of medical results.

I phoned 1-800- 268- 1481 AND followed their direction as like putting driver licence NO.

I heard only to wait more than 20 minitues for connecting the operator instead of automatic message which has sent my results well.

I am wondering if I put the wrong number?

Try (416) 235-1773 (I found this on this forum so have a browse) ;)

Try (416) 235-1773 (I found this on this forum so have a browse) ;)

Thank you ifoparry,

I had tried this number also but I heard same message as like 1-800- 268- 1481.

Have you heard automatic message that your case was sent to you or TTC clearly?

Hey all! Got an interview April 22. Very excited!

I drove school bus in Ottawa along with a number of other jobs driving dump truck, cement mixers and tow trucks. I love being on the road and getting paid to do it! I must say the size of Toronto was a little intimidating, but it is a just another city and won't take long to get used too.

I had applied to the TTC in the summer, missed the August info session cause I was out of town, but was given another chance with the info session in September. I left with a really good feeling.

The job shadowing assignments were not difficult as there was not a whole lot different with each route. The customers were not what I was expecting, as I heard horror stories about Toronto on a Friday night, but it was very calm and orderly. I know that irate riders are out there and I will see my share, but Ottawa really is not that different.

I know that this will be my last job and I look forward to meeting everyone.

This group is very informative and helpful. A big thank you!

Edited by harrison

You guys are wasting your time with that number it means nothing. Say for instance it says an approval letter has been sent. You think great I'm in! Only to find out you failed some of the other tests they gave you. Drug test for instance those tests aren't going to mto. Along with some others.

You guys are wasting your time with that number it means nothing. Say for instance it says an approval letter has been sent. You think great I'm in! Only to find out you failed some of the other tests they gave you. Drug test for instance those tests aren't going to mto. Along with some others.

Maybe, maybe not. It is one part of the process where you can gain a wee bit of insight. After all, its posted right here on this forum so it must of helped someone along the way. :)

Maybe, maybe not. It is one part of the process where you can gain a wee bit of insight. After all, its posted right here on this forum so it must of helped someone along the way. :)

I guess if a false piece of mind helps some then it helps. Other than that it has no value.

Hi guys,

July 2013 orientation

Sep 2013 email

Nov 2013 interview

Dec Signed Conditional offer

April 2014 still waiting! is this normal lol lengthy process i guess. I called and i was told that there is no issues. Just waiting for a training date. BtW i've been reading the threads. Thanks for all the information.. Is there anyone else that is experiencing this or in a similiar situaiton. Thnx

Hi guys,

July 2013 orientation

Sep 2013 email

Nov 2013 interview

April 2014 still waiting! is this normal lol lengthy process i guess. I called and i was told that there is no issues. Just waiting for a training date. BtW i've been reading the threads. Thanks for all the information.. Is there anyone else that is experiencing this or in a similiar situaiton. Thnx

Judging by my timeline and others I'd expect the call anytime now if I were you.

And yes it's normal.

Hi guys,

July 2013 orientation

Sep 2013 email

Nov 2013 interview

my timeline was about the same as yours....Not to worry though....you signed the conditional so its a matter of time before you get your training date...they must be really backed up

Hi guys,

July 2013 orientation

Sep 2013 email

Nov 2013 interview

Signed conditional in Jan, did documentation a couple of weeks ago. This process is all different depending on recruiters, at least that's what I've gathered. Each recruiter does things differently.

Signed conditional in Jan, did documentation a couple of weeks ago. This process is all different depending on recruiters, at least that's what I've gathered. Each recruiter does things differently.

My recruiter changed between my email and by the time I went for interview. Was supposed to be with a female recruiter and ended up with a male recruiter...and I decided to wear a pink tie!! Didn't do me any justice but it was a good ice breaker :)

My recruiter changed between my email and by the time I went for interview. Was supposed to be with a female recruiter and ended up with a male recruiter...and I decided to wear a pink tie!! Didn't do me any justice but it was a good ice breaker :)

lol. I think the key to a successful interview is to be personable. I was joking around with my recruiter. They look for social people when hiring, I think.

lol. I think the key to a successful interview is to be personable. I was joking around with my recruiter. They look for social people when hiring, I think.

I found the interview a little intimidating at first but very good to go through. My recruiter was by the book for sure. I think he smiled :)

Right now Eglinton is not training any new operators. However I was told from an instructor that Birchount is training like 40+ new operators.

Birchmount is training a bunch. Queensway is training lots too. Some at arrow, roncy and Russell as well. That's just what I for sure know of.