TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 hour 10 minutes exact

Where are you in process??

Interview in a couple of weeks, some of the people I spoken to personally pretty much winged it and didn't prep but I on the other hand am really nervous and going to prep as much as possible.

Hi guys

Since there are 10 to 12 weeks waiting period between the medical and the training. Which book do you suggest to study to prepare for the training?

Thank you very much.

Is it a 10-12 week waiting period after notifying you when you start or are you in limbo for several weeks and they tell you training date at the 10th week after? It'd be nice to actually have 10-12 weeks and knowing when you start rather than expecting that call each day. I can plan ahead

Thank you leylandvictory for your help.

no problem. You can also look up air brake video on youtube. It gives you an idea what the examiner is looking for when you are doing the pracitical air brake. The most confusing part about the 6 step air brakes is identifying the operating range of the bus. Each bus has a different operating range.

no problem. You can also look up air brake video on youtube. It gives you an idea what the examiner is looking for when you are doing the pracitical air brake. The most confusing part about the 6 step air brakes is identifying the operating range of the bus. Each bus has a different operating range.

hello,

is the MTO air brake course from TTC different between the air brake course from the certified driving school?

Hi, when I signed my conditional offer, I asked how long is it between the medical and the training. She told me due to the huge number of candidates it's between 10 to 12 weeks.

Sounds about right .. I'm 10 weeks today post medical hoping its true to 10-12 weeks

actually New Eglinton and Birchmount are now junior divisions.

If its the guy on 127 or 6 I am thinking, well he's not that skinny but he definetely loves what he does and by far has the most commendations in the history of the TTC. LOL. Only problem is once you get him talking he won't stop. A great guy and operator though!

I met a TTC driver today, who informed me that he received a call for training 2 weeks after his ref. and Police check. I don't know man!! This waiting period seems tooo long.

Last night when I was sleeping and my friend call at night 1130 and jump off the bed to pick up the phone and then realize that TTC dont call in middle of the night. :D No calls, no text, no games, No data, not going any place where there is no signal or poor signal. I never been that consciuos about my phone before.

Hopefully, I get call for training before I go crazzyyyy :lol:

I met a TTC driver today, who informed me that he received a call for training 2 weeks after his ref. and Police check. I don't know man!! This waiting period seems tooo long.

Last night when I was sleeping and my friend call at night 1130 and jump off the bed to pick up the phone and then realize that TTC dont call in middle of the night. :D No calls, no text, no games, No data, not going any place where there is no signal or poor signal. I never been that consciuos about my phone before.

Hopefully, I get call for training before I go crazzyyyy :lol:

you should get a voicemail. They left a message on my answering machine.

This is what I have heard about the pension;

1. It is based on your 4 highest paying years at the TTC

2. It is somewhere between 50-60% of those years.

3. Full pension is given after 30 years of service.

4. You can get the full pension with only 29 years of service if, your age and years of service equal 80.

Any other light that can be shed on this would be great.

This is what I have heard about the pension;

1. It is based on your 4 highest paying years at the TTC

2. It is somewhere between 50-60% of those years.

3. Full pension is given after 30 years of service.

4. You can get the full pension with only 29 years of service if, your age and years of service equal 80.

Any other light that can be shed on this would be great.

Thanks for the information. :)

Is any combination of age and service = 80 apply? For example, 20 yrs service + 60 yrs old or 15 yrs service + 65 yrs old?

Would the above also receive a full pension?

Also, are the pension benefits taxable?

Union dues are $20.75 weekly. You are paid weekly too.

There is an initial fee as well of $300, that is spread over 4 pays ($75 per pay). These come after 2 months.

Thanks Dank. I've also found the pension calc. So now I can sort of determine which position to take if I get the offer for the operator position. :)