Winnipeg Transit 100s enter service

tovinman

Dose anyone know if there is anyone city has these type of seats?

These seats are Keil model IDEO, I haven't seen them in use on any transit buses here aside from the Xcelsior demo. A different model made by Keil however, the Centra, is used on most if not all of the Van Hoool AG300, A300L, A300K, and A300 around the US. Both models of seat suck IMO and are very uncomfortable to sit in for more than a few minutes. However if WT has more padding on theirs that may help improve the comfort level somewhat. Nonetheless it's still disappointing to see that these are what WT is getting now <_<

I found the seats on the Xcelsior demo alright IMO. I would have to say that my butt was getting sore after several hours on that bus, but that goes for any seat! :P

As well, the seat I sat in had the seat cushion falling off! :lol: So we'll see how these seats do here in Winnipeg. I honestly never heard of them before!

I found the seats on the Xcelsior demo alright IMO. I would have to say that my butt was getting sore after several hours on that bus, but that goes for any seat! :P

As well, the seat I sat in had the seat cushion falling off! :lol: So we'll see how these seats do here in Winnipeg. I honestly never heard of them before!

Haha, I remember that! Those were American Seating Company model InSight seats on that Xcelsior demo though. I like that kind. The demo I rode on had the Keil IDEO seats.

Incidentally isn't it so annoying when you get a loose seat cushion, the bus stops and you keep going :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I SWEAR I seen bus 140 out 2 weeks ago! I can remember because I bustxted it and it says it was in service... and it was right around the corner from where I was! It was on the route 60... and I missed it only to see it turn from Garry to Graham! :D I was so disappointed. I bustxted it every single day afterwards and suddenly it isn't in service!! Something's fishy!

Additionally, I seen a bus with advertisements already with the new HVAC parked at the garage right out front last week... most likely 140.

Get these things into service!!

I SWEAR I seen bus 140 out 2 weeks ago! I can remember because I bustxted it and it says it was in service... and it was right around the corner from where I was! It was on the route 60

It was out one morning on the 60. Quite a few of the new buses were delivered. Imagine they're all back at Flyer getting their defects rectified.

It was out one morning on the 60. Quite a few of the new buses were delivered. Imagine they're all back at Flyer getting their defects rectified.

Now I heard that the new buses are 7 feet long but that is what my friend said from the mamo at the garage.