question

jlarocque2005

i found one of the octranspo run number card on riverside e drive yesterday with the transponder chip when i handed it to a driver he said there worth $200 ?

what is the transponder used for ?

There are readers that buses go through, usually up on poles, and it tells the controllers where the bus is on the route. Now, with the GPS however, the transponders will no longer be needed. The next time you're at St. laurent, or Blair, or Hurdman, or even the Rideau Centre, or somewhere else, look for white things suspended on poles. I don't have any pictures of them, but maybe someone can take one and post it.

OC 4439

There are readers that buses go through, usually up on poles, and it tells the controllers where the bus is on the route. Now, with the GPS however, the transponders will no longer be needed. The next time you're at St. laurent, or Blair, or Hurdman, or even the Rideau Centre, or somewhere else, look for white things suspended on poles. I don't have any pictures of them, but maybe someone can take one and post it.

OC 4439

if memory serves me there are two attached to the traffic stand leaving Elmvale one to go St.Laurent N and S

OC 4439

I'll take some pictures but I'm not really clear what these look like but as there is one at Hurdman I'll look around for it. Where at Hurdman are they located?

I'll take some pictures but I'm not really clear what these look like but as there is one at Hurdman I'll look around for it. Where at Hurdman are they located?

if i remember correctly there should be a set when you enter/exit the transit way when you are coming/going from downtown or at the entrance/exit to the south transitway... at least thats where they were 6 years ago

Okay I'll look for them after school today.

they will be across the roadway with a small triangle/rectangle box on traffic signal arms if they are the same design as 6 years ago but this should give you a idea of what to look for

in addition to Hurdman these stations/terminals should have them

Corner of Scott/Transitway

Exit of western transitway at parkway

Elmvale shopping Center Exit

Billings Bridge at Bank st exit and one at data center road exit.

Exit for transitway at Blair

Exits at Orleans Station

Exits For lincoln fields stations all directions

Exits at Baseline Station

Exit at Hunt Club Road for South east Transitway

Exit to trembley road of transitway

Exit at St.laurent for 85 and eastbound St.laurent routes. Also should be one across from that location where the buses enter.

At the two exits for Riverside Station only one usually is used now

Thats everyone i can think of :rolleyes:

they will be across the roadway with a small triangle/rectangle box on traffic signal arms if they are the same design as 6 years ago but this should give you a idea of what to look for

All I saw was a Surcurity Camera where you said it was. Unless the Surcurity Camera was the thing...

But I think I know what your talking about as if my memory serves me correct the one at Billings is still there.

All I saw was a Surcurity Camera where you said it was. Unless the Surcurity Camera was the thing...

But I think I know what your talking about as if my memory serves me correct the one at Billings is still there.

where was the security camera above the road like a traffic light?

maybe the don't use em at hurdman unless its only used when the bus leaves the transitway... maybe you can check the bridge at hurdman the train bridge that lets buses go out to riverside and the post office ramp also thats the only other place i could think of for hurdman

where was the security camera above the road like a traffic light?

maybe the don't use em at hurdman unless its only used when the bus leaves the transitway... maybe you can check the bridge at hurdman the train bridge that lets buses go out to riverside and the post office ramp also thats the only other place i could think of for hurdman

Oh now I know I'm 99% know what your talking about. I'll look for it tomorrow as I didn't notice those but I think they were there.

i guess the square part next to the old triangle/rectangle part is progress lol

lol yep sure is. Maybe I should try to take a photo of every transponder we have... :P

IIRC we have something like this at the Enterance to Carleton U am I correct? I'll get a photo of it this morning and the funny thing is it's on the traffic lights :P

I always thought the thing at Carleton U was for firetrucks as the firetrucks go to Carleton very frequently but then I didn't get why they were on the Transitway in the middle of no where.

Now I know there for buses!

lol yep sure is. Maybe I should try to take a photo of every transponder we have... :P

IIRC we have something like this at the Enterance to Carleton U am I correct? I'll get a photo of it this morning and the funny thing is it's on the traffic lights :P

I always thought the thing at Carleton U was for firetrucks as the firetrucks go to Carleton very frequently but then I didn't get why they were on the Transitway in the middle of no where.

Now I know there for buses!

the traffic lights are a good place for them arms were already there :huh:

nah keep taking pics of buses you don't have time for both :huh:

Exits at Orleans Station

Exit at St.laurent for 85 and eastbound St.laurent routes. Also should be one across from that location where the buses enter.

Thats everyone i can think of :P

Albert and Kent has one too.

Albert_Kent.JPG

i didn't think of the 4 as it doesn't use carling :P

Well I didn't look today but I think it's more over Bronson than over Carling.

Tomorrow I'll try to remember to look for that Transponder if it's there.

Also I looked in one of my pictures and I noticed there are transponders in it. Check it out.

pa300032.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is when Albert was closed between Kent and Lyon after that windy day.

Exits at Orleans Station

Thats everyone i can think of :P

According to a friend that works at transit control there are no AVLC transponders at Hurdman, none at the exit from the Transitway to the Western Parkway, at Blair they are over the roadways not at the exits, none at Hunt Club it'sactually between Greenboro and South Keys, none at Tremblay Rd or at Riverside Station.

The transponders use Bell lines to transmit data and they frequently go off line so they are not reliable.

There are about 30 in the city but as GPS becomes standard the readers will no longer be used.

Well I didn't look today but I think it's more over Bronson than over Carling.

Tomorrow I'll try to remember to look for that Transponder if it's there.

Also I looked in one of my pictures and I noticed there are transponders in it. Check it out.

pa300032.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is when Albert was closed between Kent and Lyon after that windy day.

That's the Campus Station reader

According to a friend that works at transit control there are no AVLC transponders at Hurdman, none at the exit from the Transitway to the Western Parkway, at Blair they are over the roadways not at the exits, none at Hunt Club it'sactually between Greenboro and South Keys, none at Tremblay Rd or at Riverside Station.

The transponders use Bell lines to transmit data and they frequently go off line so they are not reliable.

There are about 30 in the city but as GPS becomes standard the readers will no longer be used.

That's the Campus Station reader

Well they were there at least 6 years ago lol tho not now :P i am as usefull as a row of fishbowls to people in wheelchairs