A 2 Topic question

409 Thornton

A couple of things 8136 hasn't been around in the past year so I'm just a little curious if that bus I going to get the same treatment as 8137 or is it retired or was it sold etc... and ANOTHER morning bus shortage this morning for DRT east 10 buses out of service this morning all school specials in Oshawa not in service what is this transit coming to.

A couple of things 8136 hasn't been around in the past year so I'm just a little curious if that bus I going to get the same treatment as 8137 or is it retired or was it sold etc... and ANOTHER morning bus shortage this morning for DRT east 10 buses out of service this morning all school specials in Oshawa not in service what is this transit coming to.

My guess is it is being refurbished. I know it was not retired, sold, or sent to DRT Centre or West.

Cutting service due to service issues is unacceptable and since DRT East is not getting any expansion buses when the next order comes in does not help. Personally I think DRT should really think about not retiring all the Orion I's this year and keep at least 8024-25, and 8021.

These buses I was told are retiring from DRT West:

8027 (already retired)

8037 (already retired)

Total 12 and since DRT West is only getting 10 new buses they are loosing 2. I think they defenatly need to rethink this retirement plan, and send a couple expansion buses to DRT East.

I can't figure out why they are doing this degree of retirements this year, as about half of the 15 new buses were supposed to be for expansion. My guess is that they figure that given the current timing, there are no new services coming in the next six months anyway, so they'll do their expansion with next year's order. But if they're having trouble operating existing services, that's different - unless the problem is that too many older buses are not getting out on the road in the morning due to maintenance issues.

My guess is that they figure that given the current timing, there are no new services coming in the next six months anyway, so they'll do their expansion with next year's order. But if they're having trouble operating existing services, that's different - unless the problem is that too many older buses are not getting out on the road in the morning due to maintenance issues.

As for the DRT West count, I think you can make a case that 8121 and 8123 were short term replacements for 8027 and 8037, and so the latter buses have effectively already been replaced and don't need to be counted in the retirements list for the new order.