STL Classic Watch (from 58XX onwards)

gmnewlook

• 2 weeks later...

No shortage of 60xx action if you're looking for some.

All sightings at or near Cartier Stn this morning unless otherwise noted.

6010 on the 73, 7:57 am

6001 at 8:01 am

6007 on the 43, 8:02 am

6009 entering Terminus Henri-Bourassa nord at 8:12 am

PS... word to the wise... photo angle completely sucks in the morning in front of Cartier Stn for open side shots; I bet the PM rush is more forgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
IF they got rid of 6013 soley for the purpose of making room for the 10 new 2007s then I'm going to be royally pissed ;)

Having spoken to the daytime garage superintendent today... I daresay that you'll be royally pissed indeed. For every 10 new buses they get from Novabus, they retire 10 Classics. Not all at once though... I suppose just when the repairs become too expensive. There are still "old buses" being repaired in the mechanical bays, so that's not the case. No mass retirements at the STL.

The following buses are retired outside Garage STL:

6013 (sorry)

I have what is deemed to be an accurate fleet roster which dates after YUL Bus Charter 2007 (31 May 2007), so I'll have another STL roster made on montrain.ca/bus, and one of you can take note of these changes on the CPTDB wiki.

These are sightings I've taken today:

5914 and 5832 were in the repair bays of STL garage this morning.

5915 arrived into one of the bus lines signed up as route 42 at 8:31 am.

5844 and 6003 drove around the STL property at 8:45 am.

6019 deadheaded to the garage at 8:57 am on Industriel north of St-Martin. South of St-Martin was 6001 also deadheading at 8:59 am. And further down the road was 6015.

The STL also has a new map to reflect the changes made to the system this fall. The map isn't available at Cartier Stn FYI, I got my copies at the STL head office. The map is called Édition Rentrée 2007 which is a professional way of saying oops we effed up!

As G Laframboise has astutely noted for Montmorency, at Cartier Stn there are now immense Daktronics LED boards at every bus bay indicating the times of the next departures. There is an even huger board inside Cartier's kiosk before one goes outside that lists the next bus departures and bus bays... very airport like!

AMT personnel were efficiently doing passenger counts at Cartier Stn with digital counters. I don't know why, because although Cartier's bus terminal is AMT property, I figure it's the STL's job to count their own passengers. I decided to fool around with their numbers a little... I took a SB 31 to H-Bourassa Stn... I didn't feel like walking across the bridge. Surprisingly, a lot of people don't get off the 31 at Cartier - they want to continue to Montreal and the dead Terminus Henri-Bourassa nord.

Having spoken to the daytime garage superintendent today... I daresay that you'll be royally pissed indeed. For every 10 new buses they get from Novabus, they retire 10 Classics. Not all at once though... I suppose just when the repairs become too expensive. There are still "old buses" being repaired in the mechanical bays, so that's not the case. No mass retirements at the STL.

The following buses are retired outside Garage STL:

6013 (sorry)

I have what is deemed to be an accurate fleet roster which dates after YUL Bus Charter 2007 (31 May 2007), so I'll have another STL roster made on montrain.ca/bus, and one of you can take note of these changes on the CPTDB wiki.

I made the changes to the STL wiki.

10/12/07

• 5901 parked as ECOLE at Cote Vertu Metro at 16h26
  • 5815 doing 151 Northbound at Cote Vertu Metro at 16h31

5901 looks good. The middle one said ECOLE, but the rest were blank.

5815 doing the 151, finally nice to see a 1988 Classic. The engine still sounds menacing (6V71N) and it looks good. Man, I love that sound so much I recorded a video of it taking off. I miss that sound...:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of STL old bus action to be found if one is vigilant! :lol:

6001 as ECOLE at Cartier Stn, 3:55 pm.

5920, 5925, and 5901 all seen deadheading south on Bd. des Laurentides at Cartier Stn a few mins later. Some were empty school extras.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6014 - don't quote me on the number - was at TCV for the 902 this early afternoon. It has the STL's version of the Biobus sticker at the back window next to the fleet number. I agree with Steve, I like what the STM and TTC uses.

I wouldn't think so.. Just because it got stuck in some snow dosn't mean it will get retired.

The problem's the 5808 was not stuck in snow at all ! It just seams to cease to work which mean a mechanical problem ! :angry:

One STL bus that was stuck in snow Monday was the 0407 on the 63 corner of Cartier and Giroux direction Saint-Rose.

A stalled bus can be pushed by a mob of people or another bus/truck. Just put it to N (or 2nd gear?) and have it run down a slope or have something push it and as soon as the bus is going the same speed as the pusher, start pressing the accelerator a few times and then start it. This is for a car, but should work for a bus too.