Stupid commercials...

Tranzit

(Decided to jumpstart this thread - but)

What does everyone have to say about the latest TV commercial from Freedom Mobile - regarding their "newly expanded" network?

Sadly, I couldn't remember the name of the guy that was featured in that commercial (reminds me about that teddy bear mascot back in 2016).

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

(Decided to jumpstart this thread - but)

What does everyone have to say about the latest TV commercial from Freedom Mobile - regarding their "newly expanded" network?

Sadly, I couldn't remember the name of the guy that was featured in that commercial (reminds me about that teddy bear mascot back in 2016).

Will Arnett???

• Thanks 2

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/5gMZ/nissan-truck-month-classic-hollywood-story-featuring-brie-larson-t2

The Nissan Frontier crew cab gas USA  Commercial  where Brie almost slammed the brakes before dropping off the cliff. Hope Brie Larson will buy Diesel Nissan Frontier Crewcab for herself someday for the next commercial. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's that recent commercial that features the Canadian Loon - promoting the .ca (dot c-a) domain.

It features a business owner (who wanted to see their presence on the internet) shopping for an internet domain. All of a sudden, a Canadian Loon comes out of nowhere and "takes control" of the business owner of choosing .ca rather than .com.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a funny one (at least I think it's funny).  Does anyone remember a Speedy Glass commercial where a guy was standing outside his house yelling into his wife that the "guys are here to replace the picture window"; there's more dialog like she wanted them to look at something else too, and then you see that the "guys" are two kids?  They were pretty much saying not to call just anyone, you have to call the experts at Speedy Glass instead.

Well when I moved to Vancouver, I met the guy that did that commercial at the Vancouver Curling Club.  It was his first gig.  Thought the commercial was stupid when I saw it first, then when I learned how much he was paid for it, I now think it's brilliant!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

A while back, I've remembered seeing that Google Pixel commercial that features a Canadian tennis player. She was also featured in the Subway commercials for the French-Canadian population.

Sadly, I couldn't remember what her name was..but her name starts with an "L"...

You mean Leylah Fernandez 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattFor10 said:

You mean Leylah Fernandez 

(A la Junkrat from Overwatch) Yes!

Lately, there's that commercial that I saw from a bank in Canada called "EQ Bank". It features that actor who played one of the characters in Schitt's Creek:

He's also known for appearing on a TV show called "SCTV" - I'm talking about Eugene Levy!

• Thanks 1

There's that guy in the Cheetos commercial (in Canada) - that talks about "the official sponsor of his fingertips". ICAW (In case anyone's wondering), Simu Liu appears in that commercial:

Aside from that, I remembered another TV commercial from almost 20 years that takes place at a car dealership. The salesman is speaking "Newfie": 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Super Bowl may be long over, but the controversy remains. This is what I had discovered recently from an Airbnb competitor called "Vrbo":

Do you know why this ad cause a lot of controversy? It featured a song that symbolizes Newfoundland culture - which really upsetted not only the people in that province in Canada but the tourism industry there.

In response, the tourism board for that province/territory in Canada aired a commercial (though unnecessary) in "revenge", but a more subtle feeling:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not an actual commercial that I saw, but imagine if there was a TV commercial from Hilton that features an eSports player - trying to "level up" his vacation stay.

The scene takes place inside a vacation home in which he stays with other people (likely not in his age range) but during the commercial, a voiceover says, "When you're trying to level your trip into a whole new level...." - afterwards, the scene is cut to the e-sports player staying at one of Hilton's hotel properties (in this case, Homewood Suites) and a hotel worker asks the e-sports player, "Another Victory Royale?". The voiceover continues with this, "It matters where you stay.".  Multiple scenes show the e-sports player in his hotel room chatting to his online friends and winning a victory royale. The commercial finishes with the following, "Hilton. For the Stay."

• Sad 1