Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission

DCTransitFilms

On 12/30/2022 at 11:28 AM, BusTraveler96 said:

Beginning next month (January, 30, 2023), OmniRide Service Changes will take effect on 16 express routes, 3 Metro Express routes, and 7 local routes. More info:

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/omniride-service-change-takes-effect-jan-30/

Any clue if any new buses are instore for PRTC Omniride?

23 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

A PRTC employee said but im not 100% sure

Well, they need more MCIs too as there's still about 30 or so 2004-2005 era D4500CLs in service.

And the 2007-2009 D4500CTs will need replacing in the near term too. Basically, PRTC will need around 50-100 new buses in the next year or two for both the locals and the express.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 1:27 PM, BusTraveler96 said:

Several OmniRide operators went on strike yesterday. This can't be good...

https://wtop.com/virginia/2023/02/omniride-operators-strike-causing-major-disruptions-for-users/

Currently only the Dale City Local, Dumfries Local, Woodbridge Local B Loop, and EAST-WEST EXPRESS (96) are only operating. 

12 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Currently only the Dale City Local, Dumfries Local, Woodbridge Local B Loop, and EAST-WEST EXPRESS (96) are only operating. 

Just another reason why Prince William County need to have a seat at the WMATA  table to atleast bring down some Metrobus service. New lines could be started up from West Ox and serve Manassas and Manassas Park while Cinder Bed can handle Woodbridge area lines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 10:43 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

A PRTC employee said but im not 100% sure

So it seems that PRTC is STILL on strike. Tried to catch a bus yesterday (rarely use the system, but was lazy and didn't feel like driving) and was told by PRTC security that most of the bus service is still cancelled. I hope someone with power gets pissed off enough to actually get the ball rolling to get this stupid county to have a seat at the WMATA table to push for bus service down here. Hell, I'll go one step farther, to have WMATA Metrobus takeover both PRTC OMNIRIDE and LCT (as I believe they are also still on strike, these bus systems suck and need to be shutdown and replaced).

Great news! The OmniRide strike is now over! After five months of negotiations, bus operators agreed to accept a tentative contract offer from Keolis yesterday; as a result, seven Express routes have resumed operation earlier today:

• D-100 Dale City – Washington
  • D-200 Dale City – Pentagon/Rosslyn/Ballston
  • D-300 Dale City – Navy Yard
  • MC-200 Montclair – Pentagon
  • 942 Stafford – Pentagon
  • 611 Gainesville/Manassas – Washington
  • 612 Gainesville – Pentagon/L’Enfant/Navy Yard

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/omniride-strike-ends-several-routes-resume-service/3300401/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BusTraveler96 said:

Great news! The OmniRide strike is now over! After five months of negotiations, bus operators agreed to accept a tentative contract offer from Keolis yesterday; as a result, seven Express routes have resumed operation earlier today:

• D-100 Dale City – Washington
  • D-200 Dale City – Pentagon/Rosslyn/Ballston
  • D-300 Dale City – Navy Yard
  • MC-200 Montclair – Pentagon
  • 942 Stafford – Pentagon
  • 611 Gainesville/Manassas – Washington
  • 612 Gainesville – Pentagon/L’Enfant/Navy Yard

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/omniride-strike-ends-several-routes-resume-service/3300401/

Finally they're done. Is Loudoun still on strike?

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, BusTraveler96 said:

OmniRide commuter fares will be increased from $6.90 to $9 (a $2.10 increase) beginning on July 1, 2023. More can be found here:

https://www.princewilliamtimes.com/news/omniride-to-hike-commuter-fares-to-9-each-way-to-cover-revenue-shortfall/article_04389edc-da3d-11ed-997e-03e8dd8d565f.html

Now that is totally absurd. Atleast offset that by providing longer hours of express bus service in some fashion. The last bus from downtown to Montclair for example should be around 9pm or so. Same for Lakeridge.

• 2 months later...

According to a source on FB, about 25 new buses are on the way to PRTC for this year and another 8 more next year.

-12 of the will be 2023-2024 Gillig Advantage BRT Clean diesels (someone took a photo of #1013, on it's way to VA as we speak...might already even be on PRTC property), all of which are to be 40 footers which may or may not replace the 2010-2012 Gillig Advantages.

-The other 21 buses will in fact be for the new MCI D45CRTs (numbers unknown as of now, but could very well be #3043-3063). These will likely kill off all remaining 2004-2005 MCI D4500CLs. However, they will probably not be here until the fall at the earliest.

No new buses for Omniride local (formerly Omnilink) just yet, but I'm hearing they are done with 30 foot buses and will be moving on to 35 footers next (both these and all future 40 footers will have rear doors).

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 1:51 PM, BusTraveler96 said:

OmniRide commuter fares will be increased from $6.90 to $9 (a $2.10 increase) beginning on July 1, 2023. More can be found here:

https://www.princewilliamtimes.com/news/omniride-to-hike-commuter-fares-to-9-each-way-to-cover-revenue-shortfall/article_04389edc-da3d-11ed-997e-03e8dd8d565f.html

Anyone know if the new 2023 Gillig Advantage BRT Clean Diesels have arrived yet? #1013 was on the way a few weeks ago, but heard nothing of it afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 8:41 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

According to a source on FB, about 25 new buses are on the way to PRTC for this year and another 8 more next year.

-12 of the will be 2023-2024 Gillig Advantage BRT Clean diesels (someone took a photo of #1013, on it's way to VA as we speak...might already even be on PRTC property), all of which are to be 40 footers which may or may not replace the 2010-2012 Gillig Advantages.

-The other 21 buses will in fact be for the new MCI D45CRTs (numbers unknown as of now, but could very well be #3043-3063). These will likely kill off all remaining 2004-2005 MCI D4500CLs. However, they will probably not be here until the fall at the earliest.

No new buses for Omniride local (formerly Omnilink) just yet, but I'm hearing they are done with 30 foot buses and will be moving on to 35 footers next (both these and all future 40 footers will have rear doors).

Yeah it’s confirmed they are getting CRTs now. Saw a pic of 3053 at the new Manasas Garage.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 8:53 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Have one but idk if i can post it though. Looks ight though

Yeah, I saw it now. Looks very nice, but I'm disappointed they didn't go with the rear-door version. Supposedly, PRTC was hearing too many complains from other systems that got that version were people be falling off the staircase.

I also read that they are buying more soon beyond the initial 21 units. Likely for next year to retire the earlier 2007-2009 MCI D4500CTs #361-383.

8 hours ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Yeah, I saw it now. Looks very nice, but I'm disappointed they didn't go with the rear-door version. Supposedly, PRTC was hearing too many complains from other systems that got that version were people be falling off the staircase.

I also read that they are buying more soon beyond the initial 21 units. Likely for next year to retire the earlier 2007-2009 MCI D4500CTs #361-383.

so they're D45 CRTs? not the LE versions?

After some searching, I managed to find the person who posted the photos of 3053 on facebook. 2023 D45 CRT, fitted with 56 Freedman Seating GT Transit High-back seats. Supposedly moved away from the LE to maintain consistency with the rest of the fleet, and because it "scored very low with passengers when tested".

As for the Gilligs, 4 in this order, with the first (1013) being spotted in Tennessee back in June. 8 in the next order, due some point next year.

8 hours ago, 19adam99 said:

After some searching, I managed to find the person who posted the photos of 3053 on facebook. 2023 D45 CRT, fitted with 56 Freedman Seating GT Transit High-back seats. Supposedly moved away from the LE to maintain consistency with the rest of the fleet, and because it "scored very low with passengers when tested".

As for the Gilligs, 4 in this order, with the first (1013) being spotted in Tennessee back in June. 8 in the next order, due some point next year.

I guess this will soon be the end of the 2010-2012 Advantages.  

Two OmniRide Local routes (65N and 67) and one OmniRide Metro Express route (96) will now operate on Saturdays as part of the August 21 Service Changes. Local mobility services in Manassas and Manassas Park will have Saturday service as well. Also, the Prince William Metro Express is now assigned as Route 95 with a new Weekend routing on Route 1.

A list of Omniride routes affected by this service change can be found here:

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/omniride-service-change-takes-effect-august-21/