Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission

DCTransitFilms

Bus 1005 which was involved in an accident last year has been spotted fully repaired and being painted into the new livery. Also I'm not sure which MCIs units are retired as well but a lot are sitting outside the garage near Potomac Mills along with the pre-2010 Gillig 29 its and Gillig Phantoms.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 9:31 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Bus 1005 which was involved in an accident last year has been spotted fully repaired and being painted into the new livery. Also I'm not sure which MCIs units are retired as well but a lot are sitting outside the garage near Potomac Mills along with the pre-2010 Gillig 29 its and Gillig Phantoms.

Do you happen to know the depot assignments? I don't presently know what is at the new Manassas garage besides the new 2021 MCI D4500CTs. 

11 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Do you happen to know the depot assignments? I don't presently know what is at the new Manassas garage besides the new 2021 MCI D4500CTs. 

Me neither. I think all the Gilligs are at Woodbridge but idk what else is at Manassas. Plus what is the address of the Manassas garage?

2 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Me neither. I think all the Gilligs are at Woodbridge but idk what else is at Manassas. Plus what is the address of the Manassas garage?

I don't know yet, I have to take a drive out there one of these days, but it's just outside of town near I-66 and the Cummins shop, along 234.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

OmniRide has proposed Sunday service on some routes. Hopefully this gets approved

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/omniride-considering-adding-sunday-service-give-your-opinion/

If I were them, I would have all eastern county routes run on weekends and give the Cross-county connector (now the 96 bus) Saturday and Sunday service. Should have done this over a decade ago to be frank...

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Hopefully that bus can be repaired. In other news, 2012 Gillig Advantage #1001 is now sporting the new PRTC bus scheme (however, it is wrapped, like 2010 unit #272).

• 3 weeks later...

It's official: Sunday service will begin later next week (August 28) on the following OmniRide routes:

• Dale City Local
  • Dumfries Local
  • Route 1 Local
  • Woodbridge/Lake Ridge Local
  • Prince William Metro Express

Also, changes are coming on nine OmniRide Express routes and one OmniRide Local route this Monday (August 22).

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/omniride-service-change-takes-effect-aug-22/

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BusTraveler96 said:

It's official: Sunday service will begin later next week (August 28) on the following OmniRide routes:

• Dale City Local
  • Dumfries Local
  • Route 1 Local

Also, changes are coming on nine OmniRide Express routes and one OmniRide Local route this Monday (August 22).

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/omniride-service-change-takes-effect-aug-22/

Now all we need is PGCT to have Sunday service...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BusTraveler96 said:

• Dale City Local
  • Dumfries Local
  • Route 1 Local

My question is, why is there no Weekend service to Tyson's Corner as well as Manassas from Woodbridge (i.e. Cross County Connector, aka the "96")?

13 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Now all we need is PGCT to have Sunday service...

The Bus don't have Sunday Service either?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Likely those will expand in the near future.

Eh, I guess they want to test the waters before going all out. I do think that the waterfront area in Occoquan could use a bus line as well. A short of crosstown service if you will, going east to west.

23 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Likely those will expand in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Meaning to say this for a while, but PRTC is now wrapping the ex-Omnilink 2013 and 2016 Gillig Advantage clean diesels into the new Omniride scheme. Buses #286, #289, and a few others sport it now.

Looks so half-assed honestly, but I guess PRTC will be retiring these in the next few years so....

1 hour ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Meaning to say this for a while, but PRTC is now wrapping the ex-Omnilink 2013 and 2016 Gillig Advantage clean diesels into the new Omniride scheme. Buses #286, #289, and a few others sport it now.

Looks so half-assed honestly, but I guess PRTC will be retiring these in the next few years so....

speaking of which, an PRTC employee said 189 and 272 are next to be retired

Over two weeks ago, OmniRide began operating the new Route 608 on December 12, 2022. The new route serves the new Innovation Center and Reston Town Center Metro Stations and numerous employment centers in the Dulles Corridor/Herndon/Reston, and only operates during weekday peak periods in the peak direction of travel (AM to U.S.G.S. in Reston, PM to Balls Ford Commuter Lot in Manassas).

https://omniride.com/news/service-updates/new-omniride-express-route-to-dulles-corridor-herndon-reston-starts-dec-12/