MCIBUS

With Stag 2 of the LRT starting to take hold for both Confederation line & Trim line, how much will it effect bus deployment? With the Trim line not much will change(in bus replacement) . As in the past  when Line 2 was down they simply replaced it with a bus from Greenboro to Bayview, whuich I'm assuming will happen again once line 2 shuts down sometime in 2020(not sure of the exact date)

But with the Confederation Line it will be quite different. Not as much in the East end Blair to Trim as the still have the bus lanes, but in the western part oif the city Domion to Baseline and I think out to Moodie. 

As most of the Western part of the Transitway will close and bus traffic diverted to other streets(not sure of the route it will take). I'm not exactly sure how much this will be different then Phase 1 in bus diversion and how late/cancal trips will occur because of the change, that I can't answer.

But even with the additional 93 Nova's and 19 DD Buses, I stiil think decommisioning the Hybrids is a mistake. Not saying the should keep them for another15 years but at least until Phase 2 is complete.

Another mistake I think OC made with |lay-off" over so many driversc was a mistake. Grant you that won't happen now but how many drivers quite or didn't apply because you might of been out of job with in months of being hired.

Now grant you I don't work for OC and not sure of what their driver issue is presently if they have enough drivers, that I don't know.

But with Phase 2 swing into high gear sometime in 2020 it;ll be intetesting to see how OC coops  with close of the Wetern part of the Transitway and having to deal with regular street traffic like they did with Phase 1.

Any Thoughts?

In today's Transit Commission meeting it was noted that the 19 double deckers will go primarily towards providing R2 service during the Line 2 shutdown (if I'm not mistaken?)

The main shutdown in the west will be when the Transitway closes between Tunney's and Dominion, but that closure is being offset to come after the Line 2 reopens so that they can reuse the resources that were being applied to the R2 service.

• Like 1

• SMS changed the title to Stage 2 LRT(bus supplement)

The Tunney's to Dominion is the easy part as the buses are just going to divert via Scott - where Scott ends at Churchill they're going to build a new temporary bridge connecting to Workman Ave (north of the current Transitway trench) so the detoured buses will join the (temporarily) re-aligned SJAM Parkway.

I feel like the biggest jam is going to be west of Dominion - buses are going to detour via Woodroffe, Carling, and I think Pinecrest (for the Kanata-bound buses) where traffic already tends to be heavy during rush hour. At least that's what I remember from the last public notice the city put out.

9 hours ago, wowzhao said:

I feel like the biggest jam is going to be west of Dominion - buses are going to detour via Woodroffe, Carling, and I think Pinecrest (for the Kanata-bound buses) where traffic already tends to be heavy during rush hour. At least that's what I remember from the last public notice the city put out.

West of Dominion will be unchanged until you get to either Iris or Pinecrest. 

South of Iris buses will use Woodroffe, and West of Pinecrest buses will use the 417 with detours on other streets to get to Bayshore.

image.thumb.png.13682318c397b7b3e522ddf473d7d4e2.png

• Thanks 1