TTC Driver Hurt As Brick Smashes Through Windshield

vivablue5215

A couple years ago (I think in 1998-99) when I was riding a 9400 on 29 at night a teenager threw an egg at the windshield (fortunatly not the one infront of the driver) and the driver continued to drive but he did call CIS.

That used to happen all the time Halloween night, in certain parts of the city.

after being hit with a brick, I bet one would "accidently" loose control of the bus, and could run someone over "by mistake"

What happened to those stickers on the bus to advise passengers that the operator has been "carefully selected and trained"? I hope they haven't relaxed their hiring standards.... lest uncivilized views like these find their way into the rank and file of the TTC.

What happened to those stickers on the bus to advise passengers that the operator has been "carefully selected and trained"? I hope they haven't relaxed their hiring standards.... lest uncivilized views like these find their way into the rank and file of the TTC.

The stickers are still there, although what that has to do with anything is beyond me. Besides, you can select and train someone all you want, it still won't change their deepest innermost feelings, beliefs or morals, ect,. Have'nt you heard? TTC is in fact having trouble finding 'qualified' candidates' so if they relaxed their hiring standards don't be too surprised.

I've seen those stickers on the Streetcars. Never on a Bus or Subway Train though.