TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Did i follow proper procedure?

i applied originally for Transit operators in August 17, 2015 and didn't get anywhere. 

I just re-applied August 21, 2016 for the new posting. 

I know you need to wait 1 year so i'm good right? 

i ask because my other application from last year still shows on my TTCtalentnest account. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexK said:

I had my interview almost 5 weeks ago, haven't received a response. Anyone else in the same situation?

Did u check with your references if they received a call from TTC to do your ref check. That would be the first indication.

3 hours ago, Betablocker said:

Congrats! They'll send you the conditional offer by email and set up the date for you to do the medical.

Yes you are right. Received a call this morning and they told me I should receive the email by end of the day today. Also they booked my medical appt for next Monday too.

14 hours ago, Cruiser said:

Thanks afk1975. Also, I would like to ask when did to submit your resume? Just trying to also understand some timeframes ...the organization is working with. It seems quite quick than previously, lets say the winter applicants....once again congratulations! 

Thanks Cruiser submitted my resume around mid of May, received an email first week of June to attend an info session on June 21st, than after 3 weeks I received email to attend interview on Aug 5th. My references were contacted on Aug 9th and received my call today. Hope that would give you some idea. Mind you I am still going thru the process so it's not completed yet.

19 minutes ago, Betablocker said:

You will get a response either way. They usually tell you at the end of the interview how long it would take to hear back.

They told me 3 weeks at the end of the interview, this was on July 19th. 

2 hours ago, ME TOO said:

Information Session - July 26 - Received email for interview today. I'm sure a lot us from July 26 and 27th sessions are following this forum.

Yes I've been following as I was at the July 27th information session. Congrats btw!

32 minutes ago, TTC New Candidate said:

Congrats!!! I was there too but haven't received any email yet. Wasn't able to finish lot of questions. How many did you do?

35. What I know from reading this forum is that 15+ should have been good. Don't give up hope just yet. Invites wouldn't all be sent out in a day.  

• Like 1

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 6:03 PM, afk1975 said:

Thanks afk1975. That is actually very helpful. It's moving well!

Congratulations MEE TOO! 

Congratulations Bus Girl!

3 minutes ago, Cruiser said:

Congratulations MEE TOO! 

Congratulations Bus Girl!

Is any one aware at what point there is the CPIC?

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Bus girl said:

If anyone is interested in the timeline- I attended a documentation session on July 13th and finally received a call for training on September 6th. YEAH! 

On Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Oscar101 said:

Hey everyone, just want to say I've an interview coming up in early September. If you're keeping track of dates, I applied in late May and attended an info session in late June.

Since the talk has been about divisions recently, I've got one question. I know the TTC will assign you a division and mode once you're past the documentation and all and that they do it theoretically as close as possible to your residence, but primarily based on operational need. However, do we have an opportunity during the hiring process where we can say "I'd like to be in Division X"?

Congrats, @New TTC Operator!!! I've a question about this comment: "Added to hiring Pool B" — Can you (or anyone else) please elaborate on this? What do these hiring pools mean? Does it come already assigned on your offer or after you sign off on it? 

Congratulations Oscars 101. Would you be able to tell us about the CPIC. You mentioned there was a form you filled out at or post the interview to proceed with a CPIC? Just uncertain as of to when this is done? Thanks.

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Betablocker said:

I'm sure the call for documentation will happen shortly. The most important thing is the police background check went quickly. Considering a few people here waited months to get it back in 2014, that's the sort of thing that would have really prolonged the process.

New TTC Op: are those training classes in your division?

Thanks Betablocker for all you info on the forum.... at what point did you do your police clearance? Was it during the interview? 

Cruiser: if your interview was successful, you'll be asked to complete a consent form authorizing TPS to conduct a vulnerable sector check which will be mailed to your address. That process won't start until you sign and return the conditional offer to the TTC.

Treyiiii: not sure bud, I can only speak about my own experience which is 3 or 4 days after reaching my references. Keep in mind it's a third party that does the reference check and sometimes things can get held up if they can't reach a reference.

9 hours ago, Cruiser said:

Would you be able to tell us about the CPIC. You mentioned there was a form you filled out at or post the interview to proceed with a CPIC? Just uncertain as of to when this is done? Thanks.

Sorry @Cruiser, perhaps you're confusing me with someone else? I assume by CPIC, you mean a police background check. I'm sorry, but I haven't had my interview yet, so all I know so far about the interview, and whatever else is involved at that stage in terms of forms etc., is what I read here in the forum. From what I gather, some people are asked to fill out forms for police background checks either at the start or at the end of the interview, some aren't, but that's not indicative of passing the interview or not. I assume the interviewers simply don't follow much of a strict procedure on that. Someone else might be able to chip in here to clarify that for you (and for me).

10 hours ago, Cruiser said:

Completed about 30 or so...and in agreement that minimum 12 should have been correct...Def keep positive...

Regarding the Wonderlic test results. It's 50 questions. If you get to 40 or more, and they're all correct, you're in the 99th percentile. That means you're almost a genius. Only a handful of NFL players reach that score. Just so you keep in perspective, I answered 35 and I can assure you I got certainly more than 20 correct, perhaps a lot more. The average is getting 20 correct. Maybe the TTC targets lower than that, but 10 or more means only that you're literate, i.e., you can read and write, period. This is just so they know you can operate at a grade 12 level or more. I'd assume it is 20-22. Who knows?

They took almost two months to contact me. Yes, that was upwards of seven weeks. Other people was three weeks from the info session. There must be some reason for this. Either they review the tests once a week, and some are at the bottom of the pile because they were farther back in the room at the info session, or their last names are at the end of the alphabet... I've had pvt discussions with other members here about it, and it seems random. Probably not worth sweating about it. It's too early in the process anyway. Go live your life and forget about this until the last day they said they'd contact you. If they don't, well, you will continue living, trust me.

5 minutes ago, Betablocker said:

Cruiser: if your interview was successful, you'll be asked to complete a consent form authorizing TPS to conduct a vulnerable sector check which will be mailed to your address. That process won't start until you sign and return the conditional offer to the TTC.

There you go, @Cruiser. @Betablocker, you rock!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oscar101 said:

Sorry @Cruiser, perhaps you're confusing me with someone else? I assume by CPIC, you mean a police background check. I'm sorry, but I haven't had my interview yet, so all I know so far about the interview, and whatever else is involved at that stage in terms of forms etc., is what I read here in the forum. From what I gather, some people are asked to fill out forms for police background checks either at the start or at the end of the interview, some aren't, but that's not indicative of passing the interview or not. I assume the interviewers simply don't follow much of a strict procedure on that. Someone else might be able to chip in here to clarify that for you (and for me).

Regarding the Wonderlic test results. It's 50 questions. If you get to 40 or more, and they're all correct, you're in the 99th percentile. That means you're almost a genius. Only a handful of NFL players reach that score. Just so you keep in perspective, I answered 35 and I can assure you I got certainly more than 20 correct, perhaps a lot more. The average is getting 20 correct. Maybe the TTC targets lower than that, but 10 or more means only that you're literate, i.e., you can read and write, period. This is just so they know you can operate at a grade 12 level or more. I'd assume it is 20-22. Who knows?

They took almost two months to contact me. Yes, that was upwards of seven weeks. Other people was three weeks from the info session. There must be some reason for this. Either they review the tests once a week, and some are at the bottom of the pile because they were farther back in the room at the info session, or their last names are at the end of the alphabet... I've had pvt discussions with other members here about it, and it seems random. Probably not worth sweating about it. It's too early in the process anyway. Go live your life and forget about this until the last day they said they'd contact you. If they don't, well, you will continue living, trust me.

There you go, @Cruiser. @Betablocker, you rock!

Thanks Betablocker that clarifies it well?

Regards to you Oscar for the details of which you are aware of at this point RE the CPIC.

3 minutes ago, Cruiser said:

Thanks Betablocker that clarifies it well?

Regards to you Oscar for the details of which you are aware of at this point RE the CPIC.

Yep? The CPIC = Canadian Police Info Centre, or Police Clearance. It's just the way it is described on the ID posting. Nonetheless, this process is cool!

I'm excited to report I got the call for documentation today and I'm going in early next week. I thought documentation calls typically happen on Fridays but looks like Tuesdays are call days too.

TTCscarb: not sure, I would imagine if they are still looking for operators the posting may be extended. Obviously it is best to apply before the deadline.

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I noticed people asking about the July 26-27 info session. I was at the July 27th session and received my interview invitation today. I think I answered over 35 questions on the test. The interview is in a month, so plenty of time to prepare and do the job shadow.

4 hours ago, ttcscarb said:

the current posting closes on September 30, does it mean people wont be called for info sessions until after that date? @ ttc scarborough.... just checked online it's the same ID posting from April to the end of June...I suppose they did not get enough candidates...Although I did see a post wayyy back that mentioned that the person got called before the posting end date ...as well as shortly after the posting end date..I got called approx 2 weeks post the end date...all the best with the entire process...

20 hours ago, Quan said:

Hey everyone. I noticed people asking about the July 26-27 info session. I was at the July 27th session and received my interview invitation today. I think I answered over 35 questions on the test. The interview is in a month, so plenty of time to prepare and do the job shadow.

Congrats!

Anyone ever go through the hiring process for a job at head office at TTC?  I did my interview just over 1 month ago but have not heard back.  The job was posted at the beginning of May, had the Interview at end of July.  Do they send a notification if you don't get the job?