TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Here's a birthday gift for you. The air dryer coincides with the governor cut out and the operating range of an air brake system is 80 to 135. Happy birthday you have 2 of 16 correct answers you need for your air brake test when you start lol. If you make it to Xmas I'll give you two more lol.

That's fine they'll call who you gave. You work for coke? Why the hell would you want ttc lol. I know their drivers make about the same tiny bit less. I tried getting in there a decade ago no luck lol.

:D

Not really. At 65 you have to take tests and do medicals every year. If you can pass them you can drive till you're 100. It's not worth the hassle at that point in my opinion though I'd just turn in my commercial licence at 65.

I would like a confirmation if this is true, it might be every two years.

after 45 you have to do the medical test every 3 years.

Here's a birthday gift for you. The air dryer coincides with the governor cut out and the operating range of an air brake system is 80 to 135. Happy birthday you have 2 of 16 correct answers you need for your air brake test when you start lol. If you make it to Xmas I'll give you two more lol.
That's fine they'll call who you gave. You work for coke? Why the hell would you want ttc lol. I know their drivers make about the same tiny bit less. I tried getting in there a decade ago no luck lol.

The cut in and cut out for each bus is different. I had a bus that doesn't cut out unit it reaches 140 psi.

after 45 you have to do the medical test every 3 years.

The cut in and cut out for each bus is different. I had a bus that doesn't cut out unit it reaches 140 psi.

All vehicles can vary yes but they all MUST be within 80 and 135 when you're asked that question on any mto test the answer is not that it varies it's 80-135 and if you do have a bus that cuts out at 140 it's defective and you shouldn't be driving it.

As a ttc driver you can get away with this stuff cause you're not getting pulled into scales and harassed but if mto caught you driving a vehicle that had a defective brake system you'd be pulled off the road immediately and would face what can be a huge fine. It's your license and you may have been driving buses like that for years but all it will take is one accident and an investigation showing you were driving a bus with defective brakes and you'll be on the hook for it not ttc.

I would like a confirmation if this is true, it might be every two years.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/senior-comm-driver-faq.shtml

Looks like we're both wrong they switched it as of April last year but before that at 65 you had to do tests and medicals annually they changed the tests to 5 years now unless you've been in an accident or accumulate points but the medicals remain annual. If you were over 46 you had to do them every three years but Id imagine if seniors got an extension the middle aged would as well.

They also screwed everyone upon downgrade they used to downgrade to a d if you lost your a, b or c now they send you right back G.

But that is all explained in the mto link but it was every year before April 2013.

I got the call for documentation 2 days ago, missed the call and returned it right away to confirm the date left a message and asked for call back to confirm they received my call, get call back in 1 hour, it's on May 14th, so happy, one step closer to start training, tired of waiting for call to work everyday in Canada Post.

Cheers, :)

Week 2 in my training is for the books as well...

Take it fresh from my airbrakes training:

The air compressor governor must cut-out between 100 and 135 psi.

If it cuts-out below 100 or above 135, it's a fail and the bus must be put out of service.

Busan J.

for documentation do we need to go to 1138 bathurst? I didn't asked my recruiter as I assumed so.

Just received my TPS check in the mail today - all clear.

Now the waiting game for documentation... assuming I cleared my medical. Haha.

Have a great weekend friends.

great, it took almost 1 month for me to get the call for documentation. good luck

Hey guys hoping someone can help me in in a little pinch. I'm in Toronto right now and I wanted to go and see the building where the interview is. I wasn't planning on doing this so I didn't bring the address and can't seem to find it any email. If anyone knows could you please let me know the address where they hold the interviews ASAP. Thanks

Hey guys hoping someone can help me in in a little pinch. I'm in Toronto right now and I wanted to go and see the building where the interview is. I wasn't planning on doing this so I didn't bring the address and can't seem to find it any email. If anyone knows could you please let me know the address where they hold the interviews ASAP. Thanks

1138 Bathurst Street

you will see it in face to face invitation letter

hi everybody I have a question about job shadow.

If I would go from east to west and spend 45 minutes is it consider as 1 route or I have to start from east to west and come back from west to east ? if I have to do it in same streetcar or I can get down and take another from other side.please let me know . they mentioned taking a route east bound and then west bound counts as one route.

Thank you all for the info very helpful..

I called to heck on medical ,was told its not ready yet.

Did my medical march 5th..

Received my police check 2.5 weeks ago.

Left message for recruiter no response yet .

Had one reference checked my past employer since I was there for 8yrs. Not yet contacted current employer (8 months ) working.

I am waiting and just so I don't stress myself i try not to consume my thinking with the unknown ..

Sorry to hear that kev1968..

Good luck to us all that are still waiting for that final call.

Thank you all for the info very helpful..

I called to heck on medical ,was told its not ready yet.

Did my medical march 5th..

Received my police check 2.5 weeks ago.

Left message for recruiter no response yet .

Had one reference checked my past employer since I was there for 8yrs. Not yet contacted current employer (8 months ) working.

I am waiting and just so I don't stress myself i try not to consume my thinking with the unknown ..

Sorry to hear that kev1968..

Good luck to us all that are still waiting for that final call.

My medical was March 5th as well

The difficulty for me is the RCMP will not provide any status on requests. Literally powerless

hi everybody I have a question about job shadow.

If I would go from east to west and spend 45 minutes is it consider as 1 route or I have to start from east to west and come back from west to east ? if I have to do it in same streetcar or I can get down and take another from other side.please let me know . they mentioned taking a route east bound and then west bound counts as one route.

King to Roncesvalles... and back on the Queen... only advice I can give you.

My medical was March 5th as well

The difficulty for me is the RCMP will not provide any status on requests. Literally powerless

Fingers crossed for you iforparry. You're one patient individual.

Definitely.

I sent my recruiter an email on Friday re: my police check and received a call today.

Looks like I'll be called for documentation within next two weeks for a potential start time of late June/early July.

Woo!