Portland TriMet

Nabinut

3 minutes ago, Trimet101 said:

Well its probably not easy for people that don't know what phases are lol, trimet ain't amtrak

Knowing this may be a pointless post, but does TriMet have paper cutouts?

On 2/8/2024 at 2:40 PM, RoseCityBusMan said:

I heard that the Electric BRTs has had a lot of issues and 4101 was a PR stunt. I heard that 4101 ran on 57 at some point according to someone on Trimet. At this point it's a VERY Poor investment in converting those to electrics if those buses are hardly ever used. I would've bought some more of Valley Metro's D60LFs and converted them to electric and use it on high ridership routes like 57, 72, FX2 and etc. I have no clue where those buses are going to be. I don't expect anything to happen soon. 

That's funny.

They just buy a bus for PR stunts, not for revenue service. I have an idea! Take a LFR or Retired 2005 (buy it back) and make it electric, then you could've been at least a bit smarter... and not wasted money!!

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, The Squishy Bus said:

They just buy a bus for PR stunts, not for revenue service. I have an idea! Take a LFR or Retired 2005 (buy it back) and make it electric, then you could've been at least a bit smarter... and not wasted money!

I would agree with that. Felt like that might've been a better investment. I don't understand why they have 4101 around but it's probably just training. My guess is that we will never see 4101 or 3048-3050 in service. The 3000 Series is now the oldest buses in Trimet's fleet (that isn't contagncy), my guess is that the 3000s is probably going to be gone in 2025-2027. 

• Sad 1

Hi! Question for you all.

I'm doing some research into a company that is doing rust mitigation on Metro Transit's (Twin Cities) LRVs. I understand they worked on rust removal on 12 TriMet LRVs. Those cars were reportedly driven over a flooded bridge. Does anyone know which vehicles were sent out for rust removal?

• Thanks 1

You can see how TriMet has now perfected the wrapping process of their SD660s. 250 was the 1st wrapped unit so TriMet was likely still experimenting with how phase 4 wrap would be done. You can see how there are still white spots showing from the paint underneath and the fact that there is no front logo. 322 was a later wrap. You can see how much better the wrap on that unit is. There is almost no white showing and the logo is on the front.  

250_2.thumb.webp.6c2d17de32e62aa064cde276bb4bc2a9.webp322_phase_4.thumb.webp.58e5413765eed51392ebb485a7f209c6.webp

It's also interesting how fast the S660s are getting wrapped. There are currently 15 known units in the phase 4 wrap and i keep finding more thru recent videos and personal sightings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1