Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

Just what the Lakers' fans did to a few MTA buses 2 and 3 years ago, one of them was a Neoplan which was destroyed by the Lakers fan in '09.

Imagine what will happen to the Dodger Stadium Express buses if the Boys in Blue win the World Series... <_< Yeah, I laughed too :lol:

That poor Neoplan, didn't they set it on fire?

Imagine what will happen to the Dodger Stadium Express buses if the Boys in Blue win the World Series... <_< Yeah, I laughed too :lol:

That poor Neoplan, didn't they set it on fire?

Not all at, but they did fucked it up real badly, didn't catch the number for it. It should of been a 6300 series (like 6314 which is still in service and soon to be retired unit anyway) Neoplan being destroyed than attacking Nabi artic # 9461 that took place last night.

This is from 3 years ago, when Lakers fans were rowdy after their beloved team won their 15th Title.

Just what the Lakers' fans did to a few MTA buses 2 and 3 years ago, one of them was a Neoplan which was destroyed by the Lakers fan in '09.

Does anyone have pictures of that neoplan or know the fleet #?

Yup, it was 6549, but it got repaired. Sadly, that bus is now retired :(

That's too damn bad, that it's gone from Metro.

Last time I saw it was before the June service changes of last year. During those June service changes lots of Division 10 and 18 neoplans were retired. I guess 6549 was one of them. 6549 still hasn't been auctioned off, im guessing its still sitting at Division 12.

Im wondering if there going to retire all the 63-6500 series Neoplans in this upcoming service change.

Wild celebrations from the Kings fans yesterday! It was reported that fans were rocking passing MTA buses by Staples Center yesterday.

Disrupting transportation because a sports team wins a cup that has no meaning to real life? Hooligans.

Though I'm happy to see our LA sports teams starting to win things. I admit I was happy LA Galaxy won last year, being a soccer person myself(Soccer is the ONLY sport I ever played, will play, and will watch)

Disrupting transportation because a sports team wins a cup that has no meaning to real life? Hooligans.

Though I'm happy to see our LA sports teams starting to win things. I admit I was happy LA Galaxy won last year, being a soccer person myself(Soccer is the ONLY sport I ever played, will play, and will watch)

I agree, those people don't give a s*** if a team finally won something, they just want to cause mayhem and destruction.

And most of these people are fake, they only took interest in the Kings when they passed thru the Western Conference Final :angry:

Glad you were happy with the Galaxy and their 3rd MLS title, im still disappointed about Chivas USA's horrible performance last season

Not all at, but they did fucked it up real badly, didn't catch the number for it. It should of been a 6300 series (like 6314 which is still in service and soon to be retired unit anyway) Neoplan being destroyed than attacking Nabi artic # 9461 that took place last night.

This is from 3 years ago, when Lakers fans were rowdy after their beloved team won their 15th Title.

Actually 6314 is no longer in service as of May because it hasn't been appearing on that tracking website nor i've seen it on the streets.

In the bus it looks like the headsign read "Not In Service" so it was headed towards division 1 and luckily the bus wasn't damaged at all.

Last time I saw it was before the June service changes of last year. During those June service changes lots of Division 10 and 18 neoplans were retired. I guess 6549 was one of them. 6549 still hasn't been auctioned off, im guessing its still sitting at Division 12.

Im wondering if there going to retire all the 63-6500 series Neoplans in this upcoming service change.

that's very possible...in the last couple weeks, more neoplans have been retired. There are FAR fewer neoplans running on line 4, but I did see 6551 on line 4 Sunday. A long time ago on the LACTMA wikipedia page, somone posted that 49 units remain in service. About a week ago, someone changed that to say that 33 units now remain in service. Also keep in mind that many of the 7980-7999 NABIs have been put back into service along with 7109 and 7119 recently. They must be cleaning house at division 12 and repairing/putting stored buses back into service.

And in 2000 (Lakers first championship since 1988), the hooligans destroyed 1987 Neoplan AN440A/3 1171. :( They also destroyed 2 LAPD cars. Shaquille O'Neal paid for one replacement car, while the Lakers paid for the other. No one offered to pay the MTA for a replacement bus (maybe because the 1100s were life-expired by then and all of them in fact were retired the following year). Still doesn't excuse the rowdy behavior. :angry:

Metro's still going to keep them in service, until the arrivals of the first 50 Nabi compos (8493-8542) in the fall or winter of this year, then the rest will arrive late this year into early 2013.

And in 2000 (Lakers first championship since 1988), the hooligans destroyed 1987 Neoplan AN440A/3 1171. :( They also destroyed 2 LAPD cars. Shaquille O'Neal paid for one replacement car, while the Lakers paid for the other. No one offered to pay the MTA for a replacement bus (maybe because the 1100s were life-expired by then and all of them in fact were retired the following year). Still doesn't excuse the rowdy behavior. :angry:

Welcome to L.A. bro, where bs befalls most of time, if were celebrate our local team winning a championship, then we party with rowdy style. If the Raiders were still in L.A., then sh** would fly off, it would be total chaos shutting down the city.

that's very possible...in the last couple weeks, more neoplans have been retired. There are FAR fewer neoplans running on line 4, but I did see 6551 on line 4 Sunday. A long time ago on the LACTMA wikipedia page, somone posted that 49 units remain in service. About a week ago, someone changed that to say that 33 units now remain in service. Also keep in mind that many of the 7980-7999 NABIs have been put back into service along with 7109 and 7119 recently. They must be cleaning house at division 12 and repairing/putting stored buses back into service.

Obviously someone's been doing their homework, pin pointing out how many Neoplan are still in service, make someone who visited this site, counted the ones that are in service and the rest that are unknown, so I think he's know more than us. And yes Nabi units 7109 & 7119 have been pulled out of division 12, equipped with Luminator Horizon LED destination signs, but not re-powered. Also it seems Nay Sayers 5419 & 5429 have been re-painted, while Nabi units 7334 (?) and 7356 (?) have not repainted. Any other suggestion bus fans?

I drove by CMF late Friday evening before dark and noticed that 4200-4205 are gone as well as a lot of the buses that were sitting behind the tall wall and gate. They must have moved a lot of buses, including those 42 footers over to division 12. I also didn't see 7991, 7992, and 7999 either and usually they're sitting around CMF somewhere.

I drove by CMF late Friday evening before dark and noticed that 4200-4205 are gone as well as a lot of the buses that were sitting behind the tall wall and gate. They must have moved a lot of buses, including those 42 footers over to division 12. I also didn't see 7991, 7992, and 7999 either and usually they're sitting around CMF somewhere.

Not 7999, that bus has been at Division 12 a long time ago. I saw it at 12 last time i checked.

Just came back from D12, the 42 BRT's (4200-4205) aren't there. They did have the gates open, but I didn't go inside (for obvious reasons) so there's a chance some buses might come later in the Day/Night.

Some of the buses I saw with the help of my binoculars (Jon11 might already know this)

Neoplan

6448 (Black fleet #)

NABI 40LFW

7983(Compobus)

7037 (Black fleet #)

The unit that was involved in the Metro Blue Line Crash

NFI

3017 (D40LF)

And to my surprise...

TMC RTS! :)

1225 (The Ethanol Era, California Poppy Paint)

Man, its depressing right there :(

Just came back from D12, the 42 BRT's (4200-4205) aren't there. They did have the gates open, but I didn't go inside (for obvious reasons) so there's a chance some buses might come later in the Day/Night.

Some of the buses I saw with the help of my binoculars (Jon11 might already know this)

Neoplan

NABI 40LFW

7983(Compobus)

7037 (Black fleet #)

The unit that was involved in the Metro Blue Line Crash

NFI

3017 (D40LF)

And to my surprise...

TMC RTS! :)

1225 (The Ethanol Era, California Poppy Paint)

Man, its depressing right there :(

Yup i knew that :D haha

Although, when I read 6585, I got surprised since I thought that bus was still in service. Well, I guess it's time has come :(

One correction though, 7037 was never involved in a crash. 7037 used to be Southland Transit but then moved to Veolia Transportation. I think the bus was giving too many problems so it got retired. Heres a picture of it broken down:

http://www.flickr.co...57293/lightbox/

Yup i knew that :D haha

Although, when I read 6585, I got surprised since I thought that bus was still in service. Well, I guess it's time has come :(

One correction though, 7037 was never involved in a crash. 7037 used to be Southland Transit but then moved to Veolia Transportation. I think the bus was giving too many problems so it got retired. Heres a picture of it broken down:

http://www.flickr.co...57293/lightbox/

I made a typo :P

I meant to put "unknown unit"

NABI = inferior to other bus manufacturers (except the the 45C)

I made a typo :P

I meant to put "unknown unit"

NABI = inferior to other bus manufacturers (except the the 45C)

Was it a NABI 40-LFW with the white/yellow stripe paint scheme? Thats 7347... the unit that was involved in a serius accident on the freeway. It was working on the 92 Line. 7320 was the unit that was involved in the Blue line crash. That bus was auctioned off in 2010 or 2011....

Update, 3 arrivals today at D12

Neoplan

64XX (unknown last two numbers)

Source by Eddie Anthony

Was it a NABI 40-LFW with the white/yellow stripe paint scheme? Thats 7347... the unit that was involved in a serius accident on the freeway. It was working on the 92 Line. 7320 was the unit that was involved in the Blue line crash. That bus was auctioned off in 2010 or 2011....

Yeah then its 7320, a very horrible accident

Update, 3 arrivals today at D12

Neoplan

64XX (unknown last two numbers)

Source by Eddie Anthony

WOW! :o 6466 was working well on Thursday and all of the sudden its gone :(

6505? hmm... wonder where that bus was at because that bus was never tracked on the tracking website...

64xx ... wonder what unit it was...

Im pretty sure there were more Neoplans that arrived tonight and will arrive tommorow as part of the "June service changes"

I knew they were gonna retire Neoplans during the service changes!! BTW, was this on a private message or somewhere else?

suprisedly you spot nay sayer 3017 & rts-06 1225 @ div. 12. And more neoplans are arriving to div. 12 as their retirement has occurred for them

6505? hmm... wonder where that bus was at because that bus was never tracked on the tracking website...

Im pretty sure there were more Neoplans that arrived tonight and will arrive tommorow as part of the "June service changes"

I knew they were gonna retire Neoplans during the service changes!! BTW, was this on a private message or somewhere else?

the other neoplan may have been 6403, 6432, 6471, or 6499 retired along with it's brothers

Wow, 6585 and 6461 have been in service up until now. The retirement of neoplans must be reason why metro put 7109, 7119, and 10 of the 7980s back into service. I betting that the 10 7980s put back into service had nothing wrong with them and were simply in storage in 2011 for the reason that no division wanted them. They were all at division 8 and now notice how they are scattered across multiple divisions so that no division has more than one of these units. The other 10 7980s put into storage during 2010 have never returned to service.

It's appearing that A LOT more NABI 7600s have been moved from division 9 since the service changes. A lot of 7600s are operating on lines 2 and 20 today...they've either gone to division 7 or 10. I'm guessing division 10 since they have had an influx of them recently. Division 15 also got a large handful of the 7600s. The only siginifcant group of 7600s at D9 now are 7650, 7652-7658. There are a few scattered ones at D9 still such as 7684 and 7691.

can anyone take some updated pics of division 12 so we can see what we're working with? I'm also looking for pics of the 7980s in recent service.

Today is Sunday, the first day of the service change and NONE of the 6300-6600 are in service today...I've been checking several times today and none have been tracked.