St. Catharines Transit

lap_screw

That sucks. Just saw 9158 the other day. Oh well. It's a shame that these things are going. I used to think differently about them though. Whenever I'd have to take one somewhere, I'd be thinking why not send a D40 or something? Now I want to ride one before they're all gone. Not going to Brock University though.

I just think if you knew our transit system a bit better you could see the potential 'chaos' in terms of delays......

All our routes are already on such tight schedules, I take the bus almost daily and have to beg for the operator to call to hold my 116 or wait an extra half hour cause I will miss it by seconds.....

bike racks added=disruption in service.

I just dont think its a great idea for ST. CATHARINES transit!

Other places yes! But for the way we are set up, nope!

Again just my opinion, don't want to start nothign here :lol:

You don't seriously think St. Cathrines Transit is the only transit system that has extremely tight connections, do you? The set up is no different than anywhere else.

Hi all,

Yesterday (Wednesday November 11th 2009), I took 0707 on the 4:45 Pelham Rd to work. As soon as I got on, I noticed the back of the bus was a complete disaster. Not just some garbage laying around, but literally a disaster. There were sandwhich bits stuffed into every crack that could be found, windows had been closed on bits of it, and the whole back bench was litered with some sort of sandwhich sauce or something, so when the bus got full, people could not sit there. There we literally sandwich bits taped to the windows, and splattered on there, making a really big mess. Also there was a full container worth of chicken wings scattered all over, and sauce from that was covering parts of seats and whatnot. Just wondering if whoever did this was aware of the fact they are on camera? I'm wondering if they will ever be caught. The whole back half of the bus smelled like a mixture of subway, and chicken wings. Not to mention they didn't do anything with the wrapping either, except leave it for the transit commission to clean it up. Honestly it was disgrace, and we had the windows open to try and get rid of the smell.

Any thoughts?

Bill

Hi all,

Yesterday (Wednesday November 11th 2009), I took 0707 on the 4:45 Pelham Rd to work. As soon as I got on, I noticed the back of the bus was a complete disaster. Not just some garbage laying around, but literally a disaster. There were sandwhich bits stuffed into every crack that could be found, windows had been closed on bits of it, and the whole back bench was litered with some sort of sandwhich sauce or something, so when the bus got full, people could not sit there. There we literally sandwich bits taped to the windows, and splattered on there, making a really big mess. Also there was a full container worth of chicken wings scattered all over, and sauce from that was covering parts of seats and whatnot. Just wondering if whoever did this was aware of the fact they are on camera? I'm wondering if they will ever be caught. The whole back half of the bus smelled like a mixture of subway, and chicken wings. Not to mention they didn't do anything with the wrapping either, except leave it for the transit commission to clean it up. Honestly it was disgrace, and we had the windows open to try and get rid of the smell.

Any thoughts?

Bill

Well bill,

Sadly my thoughts are if this happened shortly after 4pm I would guess high school students were trying to be cool and are responsible for this.

I don't know if they would investigate into this and if so how they would be able to catch the person anyway....I doubt it would be worth their time or effort...

It is very sad how disrespectful some ppl are though. some of the drivers are really good, not even driving when kids have thier feets on seats, others dont seem to want to be bothered with it...

I have taken the 16 and 2 everyday 2 times for last 5 yrs and I have seen some pretty bad conditions, but never that bad....I would be interested to see if they ever did anything about it, but somehow I am doubtful....

Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Bill

Well bill,

Sadly my thoughts are if this happened shortly after 4pm I would guess high school students were trying to be cool and are responsible for this.

I don't know if they would investigate into this and if so how they would be able to catch the person anyway....I doubt it would be worth their time or effort...

It is very sad how disrespectful some ppl are though. some of the drivers are really good, not even driving when kids have thier feets on seats, others dont seem to want to be bothered with it...

I have taken the 16 and 2 everyday 2 times for last 5 yrs and I have seen some pretty bad conditions, but never that bad....I would be interested to see if they ever did anything about it, but somehow I am doubtful....

• 2 weeks later...
has ANYONE spoted an 09 yet???

Are they in service YET???

Yes, I saw 0901 on Thursday afternoon around 5:00, sitting on the side street, although a guy I know saw it on the 104 Oakdale-Pen Centre on Saturday around that time too. Haven't seen any others though. They are exactly the same as the 07's except they are missing the transit logo on the seats.

Bill

Yes, I saw 0901 on Thursday afternoon around 5:00, sitting on the side street, although a guy I know saw it on the 104 Oakdale-Pen Centre on Saturday around that time too. Haven't seen any others though. They are exactly the same as the 07's except they are missing the transit logo on the seats.

Bill

Of course as soon as i post this!

i rode 0901 on a #122 at 2pm today from Brock.....seaway mall ad on side

driver said it was the only 09 in service, just this week......

Of course as soon as i post this!

i rode 0901 on a #122 at 2pm today from Brock.....seaway mall ad on side

driver said it was the only 09 in service, just this week......

I was by the transit garage today and saw all 5 09's. Yes there is an 0905 from what I could tell, but it was too far away for a picture. I got a picture of 0903, and I think 0904 as well. 02 and 01 were in the distance. Also saw 9158 and 9160 sitting out back, still waiting to be taken away for scrapping. I wanted to ask if I could get back there, but the lights seemed to be off in the office, and the garage was open, but I didn't see anyone. I will have to go there soon to take a look around. Never been. I will upload the pictures.

Bill

what a pain......

glenrdige closed all day between st. davids and glendale due to some 'gas leak' in a construction area........

ended up havin to take the #16 re-routed to glendale up burleigh hill to st. davids....

chaos!!!!!!

stc supposedly put 'extra' busses in service...the driver i spoke to said they had 1 extra.....doesnt really make a difference when its a 15 mins re-route!

thanks again SCT!!

what a pain......

glenrdige closed all day between st. davids and glendale due to some 'gas leak' in a construction area........

ended up havin to take the #16 re-routed to glendale up burleigh hill to st. davids....

chaos!!!!!!

stc supposedly put 'extra' busses in service...the driver i spoke to said they had 1 extra.....doesnt really make a difference when its a 15 mins re-route!

thanks again SCT!!

Heard about that today. Not sure why a whole section needs to be closed down. They didn't make too much of a deal about it.

On Wednesday Night, 107 had some break problems. I was on it, and we were stopped for about 5 mins at Lakeport and Ontario, while the driver tried to fix it. I was on the 101 Martindale-Lakeshore. Anyhow, the very-comforting problem was solved...

Bill

Identical minus the stupid small tailights..

on a side note i've seen 9051 all week.. nice to see they FINALLY use it haha

I didn't see those. Probably because the bus was parked when i went up to it. I want to ride on on though just for the new smell. Love it lol. But I've been seeing the Orions everytime i'm at the terminal, but none are ever on my route. Usually Oakdale/Glenridge/brock/secord woods. Oh well hopefully soon

Bill

I didn't see those. Probably because the bus was parked when i went up to it. I want to ride on on though just for the new smell. Love it lol. But I've been seeing the Orions everytime i'm at the terminal, but none are ever on my route. Usually Oakdale/Glenridge/brock/secord woods. Oh well hopefully soon

Bill

orions are on the daytime 16 mon-fri at least 2 of the 3 busses on that route...if not all 3....usually one of the oakdale ones

theres this one REALLY mean OLD OLD OLD lady with short white hair who ONLY drives the ORIONS! I See her almost everytime I see an ORION LOL!!! usually the on the #4.....she is super mean....if you want to really piss her off when ur at the terminal ask her what time the #13 leaves......she will LOSE it!!!!

LOL

ps

busses near Pen center (4/122/15/18) are running very FAR behind schedule with all the pen center rush......leave lots of EXTRA time!

I was late for class 2X this week!!!

i know what lady ur talking about haha.. i remember when i was little i asked when the #111 came.. and she lost it!! haha.. plus she's a slow driver lol but who wouldn't want to drive those Orions everyday that would be the life..

i wonder what St.Catharines will get now that the D40LF design is Kyboshed

i know what lady ur talking about haha.. i remember when i was little i asked when the #111 came.. and she lost it!! haha.. plus she's a slow driver lol but who wouldn't want to drive those Orions everyday that would be the life..

i wonder what St.Catharines will get now that the D40LF design is Kyboshed

Aha I know that bitch. The last time I had her she was driving 96, the one time I saw her driving anything else but an Orion lol. What do you mean slow? She was doing 85 down st. paul st. west from louth st to westchester ave, at night, and in the rain. That was scary at times lol. I asked what time the 14 came in (on a Saturday), and she simply said, "oh shouldn't be too long, expecting about 6:00am on Monday Morning, than she closed the doors and took off. lol. And you are right, Transitisgreener, 9051 is popular downtown. I looked for it after seeing your statement and I saw it, realizing I had seen it like every day this month lol

Bill

Identical minus the stupid small tailights..

Heh, that's consortum order for you.

It's also have "Stop Requested" lit up box in the middle, front door switch control, adjustable pedal and front rooftop hatch powered (didn't checked the switch, but they should have it).

For some odd reason and a huge mistake, they have a yellow tape switch (not CLASS) rear door to open the rear door! Instructions are there but obviously passengers don't read it as they've used to have rear door control by driver!

Missing St. Catharines Transit logo on the interior seats, Altro trans floors instead of RCA rubber. Another difference is they have a aisle seat on the lower section rather face forward unlike the 08 and AA seems to be installed from factory.

I only saw 0902 today in service, managed to get a photo and rode it while 0903 was at the back of garage.

Funny thing is, 0902 was build in Aug of 2009, I wonder where it has been!

Photos will be posted soon.