AMT Expansion

2-8-2 Mike

Hello all, being that the old forum is gone, I'd like to bring back this idea, for anything that has been proposed by the AMT or for any Ideas that come to mind that they hadn't thought of. Have fun to discuss.

Id like to restart the Mascouche train line discussion. New Jersey tranist has announced that they are also thinking of getting dual mode locos with overhead electical collection. Maybe the AMT will buy into the order if it ever gets placed...

NJT capital improvement program

• 5 months later...

Hello all, being that the old forum is gone, I'd like to bring back this idea, for anything that has been proposed by the AMT or for any Ideas that come to mind that they hadn't thought of. Have fun to discuss.

Id like to restart the Mascouche train line discussion. New Jersey tranist has announced that they are also thinking of getting dual mode locos with overhead electical collection. Maybe the AMT will buy into the order if it ever gets placed...

NJT capital improvement program

But who lives in Mascouche? Twelve farmers? :blink:

How about focussing on extending the Metro Blue and Yellow Lines instead where a sizable portion of the population has needed upgraded service for at least the past 20 years?

• 2 weeks later...

No, I meant BRT lines within Longueuil.

If the bus lane were on Taschereau Blvd were to be extended the entire length a BRT line between Panama and Longueuil Terminii would be great... as well perhaps one along Roland Therrien out to the St-Hubert Aeroport.

I like the Idea.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

The AMT has just posted today a request for proposals for the environmental feasibility study for the Repentigny train. Only the French version is available now, but look at page 9 for a map of the four possible routes being considered between the CNR track in Repentigny and the CPR track in Mascouche.

http://www.amt.qc.ca/docs/appel/DA9708_DEV01.pdf

• 1 month later...

AMT has just posted a rfp for dual-mode engines, jointly with New Jersey Transit. The document is available in English on the AMT site:

http://www.amt.qc.ca/docs/appel/DDP07-162_en.pdf

Negociations will be done jointly (and lead by NJT), but it should result in two separate contracts. The total number of units is 31 engines for the first phase, and eventualy 48 more. Five are said to be reserved for the Repentigny-Mascouche line.