TTC Application Process

ericgu22

12 hours ago, Mark97 said:

Is Garda the outsourcing company that calls references for TTC ?

yes thts what I heard as well..

12 hours ago, Betablocker said:

Tomorrow is interview day for me... wishing the others here who have an interview coming up over the coming weeks best of luck! ;)

Good luck.. I have it next week on Aug.5th...

Hi Folks,

Quick question regarding the aptitude test :

1. Are you allowed to use calculators? When I saw the wonderlic practice math questions it's not hard but some of the question were not simple just add,divide, subtract to spend 15 seconds, it requires more calculation which takes more time to answer.

2. It says there is no negative points in guessing the answer : Is it better to just the answer the questions you know for sure and leave the unsure one blank or would it be better to fill unsure question by blind guess and move on the next one.

3. English is my second language, during the practice, sometime I found I know the meaning of one word but the other word I don't know the exact meaning or the word is not familiar to me. So it's difficult to answer whether it is similar/contradictory/neither. Wonder how difficult the words are on the test.

4. What is an average questions most people would be able to answer out of 50 in 12 minutes.

Thanks

5 hours ago, emki said:

Does anyone know how long they take after the info session to call you in for an interview ( on average). 

I can certainly tell based on my own experience and having applied two months ago, I received an invite for an interview 2 or 3 weeks after the orientation session if they decided that you will move to that stage. That said, if you read some of the earlier responses in this thread, some people waited more than that to be called for an interview. It's a long process.

New candidate:

1. Can't use anything, just pen or pencil.

2. I would say that is correct although I wouldn't skip too many.

3. Generally speaking same as some of the practice tests out there.

4. I don't know. IIRC I got to 33 or 34 and skipped 2 or 3 questions.

Quick update: I did my interview this morning. After checking that I brought all the documents they asked me to complete the references consent and criminal background check forms prior to the interview. After that I was interviewed for about 45-50 minutes. There were 10-12 questions most of them customer-facing situations and some questions about the shadowing assignment. Once the interview was done I was asked to write down my driver's license number on the form and sign it. They said if I am selected to move forward the references will be called by Garda. I'll update when I hear back.

4 hours ago, Betablocker said:

I can certainly tell based on my own experience and having applied two months ago, I received an invite for an interview 2 or 3 weeks after the orientation session if they decided that you will move to that stage. That said, if you read some of the earlier responses in this thread, some people waited more than that to be called for an interview. It's a long process.

New candidate:

1. Can't use anything, just pen or pencil.

2. I would say that is correct although I wouldn't skip too many.

3. Generally speaking same as some of the practice tests out there.

4. I don't know. IIRC I got to 33 or 34 and skipped 2 or 3 questions.

Thanks for the info.

Congrats to you, hope you did very well in the interview today.

How difficult are the questions on the Aptitude test? basic math or bit complicated, confusing wording questions. I haven't written any aptitude test in the past.

1 hour ago, ValentineRH said:

They aren't as bad, I've written a few aptitude test for Fire Fighting applications and the TTC's test wasn't as bad.  For reference, I answered about 40 out of 55 or whatever it had on it that I know were correct, and did not finish.  I have an interview in August.  If you want to study, simple PEDMAS, long multi/division on paper, and literacy tests are a good thing to study.  Afterwards, they ask you to write a paragraph on a topic, and give you only a few minutes.  

They're really testing how fast you can solve problems!

I wrote it this morning and as I thought I was doing well(getting the answers right) at a reasonable speed(in my head) but I was proved wrong, I finished only 18 answers and they said time is up. I did not raise my head, not once(fully concentrated)from the start time and I couldn't believe time was up in like no time, thought in my head half way through the time but no it's time up, should have brought a watch to keep an eye. I'm NOT keeping too much hope to be called answering only 18 questions. Will try next year again :) and will be better prepared with aptitude test. 

Good luck to you!

53 minutes ago, TTC New Candidate said:

I wrote it this morning and as I thought I was doing well(getting the answers right) at a reasonable speed(in my head) but I was proved wrong, I finished only 18 answers and they said time is up. I did not raise my head, not once(fully concentrated)from the start time and I couldn't believe time was up in like no time, thought in my head half way through the time but no it's time up, should have brought a watch to keep an eye. I'm NOT keeping too much hope to be called answering only 18 questions. Will try next year again :) and will be better prepared with aptitude test. 

Good luck to you!

@TTC New Candidate How were the questions on the test? Lots of math? 

29 minutes ago, Betablocker said:

New Candidate: don't get discouraged. You may very well still have a shot. I would give it a bit of time.

Thanks for the word of hope :)

3 minutes ago, Trini12 said:

@TTC New Candidate How were the questions on the test? Lots of math? 

Questions are not tough but for me the challenge was time. I came across 1/4 maths.

The practices one are easy, I think I got 15 plus questions on the test but no calls at all, probably there are tons of ppl answering like tons correct in the test to almost perfect.

And no one knows how the hr rated the test, it's only the hr ppl would know

4 minutes ago, kotraders said:

The practices one are easy, I think I got 15 plus questions on the test but no calls at all, probably there are tons of ppl answering like tons correct in the test to almost perfect.

When did you write your test? You mean you attempted 15 plus questions? We were told by latest end of Sept we should hear from them.

3 hours ago, TTC New Candidate said:

Does anyone have experience answering only 18 questions in the aptitude test and receiving a call for an interview.

Very much appreciated if anyone can shed on some light what is favourable  passing percentage on the aptitude test.

I don't remember finishing that many, didn't even finish my essay, but I gave it my best shot and I was hired...and just finished probation on July 8th...got seriously hooked on these forums in the process too.

Took 13 months from application submission to start date. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Does anybody know what the average time is, when it comes to waiting for the training call? I also heard (hearsay)  that they are doing a hiring freeze due to audits?, but I don't think that is true.(maybe a different department) Has anybody heard anything like that? At the moment I am going on 1 1/2 week wait.....

3 hours ago, kotraders said:

When did you write your test? You mean you attempted 15 plus questions? We were told by latest end of Sept we should hear from them.

34 minutes ago, mike_hutch said:

I don't remember finishing that many, didn't even finish my essay, but I gave it my best shot and I was hired...and just finished probation on July 8th...got seriously hooked on these forums in the process too.

Took 13 months from application submission to start date. 

Thank you so much for the info, Mike. Congrats to you for crossing another milestone(Probation), I'm sure you must be very happy.

Wishing you all the best!

13 hours ago, TTC New Candidate said:

Does anyone have experience answering only 18 questions in the aptitude test and receiving a call for an interview.

Very much appreciated if anyone can shed on some light what is favourable  passing percentage on the aptitude test.

I was able to do 42 questions but not sure how many were correct. I did pass the aptitude test stage with my interview scheduled on Aug.5th. You never know it all depends on how did you approach the test and essay...the more you answer the better your chances I guess since there is no negative marking...good luck..