Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

Why is LACMTA gonna give Veolia and Southland Xcelsiors. There probally gonna be ruined in a few weeks and tere gonna have bad mainteneceBTW has anybody seen 3128. Last time i saw it was on line 603 with a broken TwinVision Silver Smart designation sign. But this was Feburary 2014.

Because Metro can and will do what they want, and the contractors were slated to get new buses from the start when Metro plan on ordering new 40-ft buses when they submitted a bid a few years ago. They are replacing 7000s after all. They going to assign them where there need them to be at.

The Nabi retank program may actually be happening. 7013 is at CMF with a fresh paint job and its old just expired tanks removed. Waits to be seen what will happen. I will report back what i find out or for those of you on the So Cal Fans FB group you can find out along with me..

Again not tiplically a roadcall but 7079 on 28.

If D3 has Xcelsior XN40's how come they dont use them. D3 has been using rapid buses on Local lines alot lately.

Because probably they are currently training drivers on them...

Question for everybody. Which LACMTA Division has the worst maintence in ur perspective. Put ur answer down below.

Personally, I think it might be Division 15 as I hear SO MUCH breakdowns and roadcalls from them...

Question for everybody. Which LACMTA Division has the worst maintence in ur perspective. Put ur answer down below.

Division 1 has the worst maintenance out of all the Divisions. Division 1 has always dying buses on the road everyday.

The New Flyer C40LFs and NABI 40-LFW from Division 1 are in terrible shape (exterior), the interior of D1's buses are dirty and filthy, and they are mechanically in bad shape.

2003 NABI 40C LFW #7981 is now at D1. I saw it a few minutes ago on line 60

7981 is not operated by D1, nor is line 60 is operated by the same division anymore, FYI.

Are you sure? I believe Line 60 is split with D2.

Line 60 is operated by divisions 2 and 10. Originally, it was operated by D1, alongside with D2.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Monterey. Sorry for butting into your group, but wanted to post these pictures I took of the BYD electric that showed up at the California Transit Association Conference last week here in Monterey. Notice there are no vehicle numbers, and someone pointed out there are no BYD logos. This is the first of 5 pilot buses for their order of 25. These were built in Lancaster.

003a.JPG

005a.JPG

006a.JPG

007a.JPG

009a.JPG

010a.JPG

Greetings from Monterey. Sorry for butting into your group, but wanted to post these pictures I took of the BYD electric that showed up at the California Transit Association Conference last week here in Monterey. Notice there are no vehicle numbers, and someone pointed out there are no BYD logos. This is the first of 5 pilot buses for their order of 25. These were built in Lancaster.

Well... there wouldn't be five pilot buses - the initial order was for only 5 buses so that would be the entire order :) The additional buses were an option which Metro exercised a few month ago after inspecting the pilot bus.

The pilot bus was posted a couple of pages back in all gray BYD color with slightly different interior layout. I'm pretty sure you got the photo of the first production bus.

Note the bus you posted has different rear door than the pilot bus below. The production bus also has a standard 2 bike rack, rather than the 3 bike rack on the pilot bus.

15106050579_0596b61d99_c.jpg

Well... there wouldn't be five pilot buses - the initial order was for only 5 buses so that would be the entire order :) The additional buses were an option which Metro exercised a few month ago after inspecting the pilot bus.

The pilot bus was posted a couple of pages back in all gray BYD color with slightly different interior layout. I'm pretty sure you got the photo of the first production bus.

That Grey bus is a BYD demo bus, not the pilot for the Metro order. It is actually the engineering bus from the Long Beach Transit failed order and built to LBT specs. Notice the 3 space bike rack. That was the same bus BYD brought to Metro rodeo. The one pictured above in Metro colors is the actual Metro pilot as it is teh first produced under their order in their specs.