STM/AMT/CIT, etc. information

Dr. Casca

That's actually a different bus you're referring to. The bus in my avatar was still in service back in 2003 in Levis. It was originally from Montreal though.

A member of the forum here owns the bus, and has rebuilt and restored this bus to it's original glory, all out of his own pocket, unlike the bus you're talking about that is a non-profit organization.

So I guess you can say that there are atleast 2 sister buses that are still around. You should see when both of them are driving side by side. One turns heads, and two has people running over to see!

Do we know the next time that either bus will be available for any type of charter?

Not anytime soon. It needs work to be done on it. I was told its out of service for all of 2010 at the minimum.

Very well, then I will make another trip next year as well...I'd like to see both of them, maybe that could be an idea for a charter...BOTH buses around town for some interesting photo shoots...

Very well, then I will make another trip next year as well...I'd like to see both of them, maybe that could be an idea for a charter...BOTH buses around town for some interesting photo shoots...

That's been done in the passed but very top secretely..

• 1 month later...

Well I couldn't find a general information thread for STM, so I guess this will have to do, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section.

Anyway, I got a few questions in regards to the STM Radio system.

I was programming it into my scanner so I'll have one whenever I next plan on going to Montreal, and I would just like to understand a abbreviation and a name.

1) What would GMU stand for? From what I notice it seems to be more of a general control channel.

2) And what is Adapted Transport? Is that like the STM Para Transit?

3) Also are Inspectors pretty much a supervisor?

Thank you very much.

(P.S. Yes I do realize that if I am listening to the STM that it would only be in french but I can understand somewhat of what the STO is saying so then I can probably figure out what STM is saying in that case, I would just like some help to better understand the STM radio system if anyone is familiar with it)

1) What would GMU stand for? From what I notice it seems to be more of a general control channel.

Thank you very much.

(P.S. Yes I do realize that if I am listening to the STM that it would only be in french but I can understand somewhat of what the STO is saying so then I can probably figure out what STM is saying in that case, I would just like some help to better understand the STM radio system if anyone is familiar with it)

1: Not sure, I've never heard it, but then again, I rarely listen to the STM's radio channel. Do you remember a sentence where we could hear it in context?

2: Adapted Transport (Transport Adapté) is STM Para Transit service

3: Inspectors, to my knowledge, are just Fare Enforcement. I don't think they're supervisors.

Well I couldn't find a general information thread for STM, so I guess this will have to do, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section.

Anyway, I got a few questions in regards to the STM Radio system.

I was programming it into my scanner so I'll have one whenever I next plan on going to Montreal, and I would just like to understand a abbreviation and a name.

Thank you very much.

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=81...0&start=440 There's the STM thread.

1: Not sure, I've never heard it, but then again, I rarely listen to the STM's radio channel. Do you remember a sentence where we could hear it in context?

2: Adapted Transport (Transport Adapté) is STM Para Transit service

3: Inspectors, to my knowledge, are just Fare Enforcement. I don't think they're supervisors.

1) I have yet to listen to it, I was just going off the Radio Reference page, and GMU seems to be the channel that seems to be an all-around channel.

2) Thanks

3) Hmmmm... well I know the STO's supervisors are known as inspectors, since the STO only has two channels, the buses which is selective calling, and the inspectors. I've heard them referred to as inspectors a few times as well. And afaik, STO has no fare inspectors nor do they need any since they do not have any real POP zones, as transfers are optional.

Ah alright, odd that I couldn't find that, even in a search.