|Current appearence w/ Chrome package|
|Years of manufacture||1996 to present|
|Power/Fuel||Diesel, Gasoline, CNG, Propane|
The Chevrolet Express (also sold as the GMC Savana) is a full-sized van platform. It is commonly used as a cutaway chassis for shuttle bus, school bus, and transit bus applications. The chassis is available in two types: the 3500 (light duty) and 4500 (medium duty). The Chevrolet Express and GM Savana were introduced in 1996, replacing the Chevrolet Van and GM Vandura respectively.
The Express received a facelift in 2003 with a a revised grill and headlights. Both the Express and Savana are available with the Chrome Appearance Package upgrade that features a chrome front grille and dual composite halogen headlamps.
In 2016, Chevrolet announced that some Express and Savana production would be assumed by Navistar at its plant in Springfield, Ohio, beginning with the 2017 model year.
- GM Ecotec V6 4.3L (gasoline) (2018-present)
- GM Vortec V6 4.3L (gasoline) (1996-2014)
- GM Vortec V8 4.8L (gasoline) (2010–present)
- GM Vortec V8 5.0L (gasoline) (1996–2002)
- GM Vortec V8 5.7L (gasoline) (1996–2002)
- GM Vortec V8 6.0L (gasoline) (2010–present)
- GM Vortec V8 8.1L (gasoline) (2001–2002)
- GM Duramax Turbo Diesel I4 2.8L (2017-present)
- GM turbo diesel V8 6.5L (1996–2002)
- GM Duramax Turbo Diesel V8 6.6L (2006–2016)
- GM 4L80-E 4 speed automatic
- GM 6L90-E 6 speed automatic (2010–present)
- GM 8L90-E 8 speed automatic (with 2.8L Duramax engine)
- 9,900 to 12,300 (for 3500 models)
- 14,200 (for 4500 models)
- Coast Mountain Bus Company - Metro Vancouver, BC
- West Vancouver Municipal Transit - West Vancouver, BC