Mason City Public Transit

MVTArider

I stopped in Mason City, Iowa to visit their downtown area a bit, and was also able to get a couple shots of their cutaway fleet. The system consists of five routes operating on 30 minute frequencies. They meet at a transfer point in Central Park in the downtown area of Mason City. Most of the system operates on a flag stop method, although I did find one generic bus stop sign downtown. One interesting tidbit, MCPT currently has one of the lowest fares around, $0.50 a ride including a transfer to a connecting route.

The fleet consists of Ford E-Series body-on-chassis cutaways. StarTrans, Eldorado, and a new looking Winnebago Metro Lift body were seen. I only got photos of the Winnebago one and an Eldorado though.  The livery appears to be a tribute to the Music Man:

29398514083_4d5d7c470e_t.jpg 29911544402_b398378f58_t.jpg 29398518153_5cac649c78_t.jpg 29911542272_6f054fa254_t.jpg

I'm guessing this system will remain as a cutaway fleet for the foreseeable future, however a Vicinity or MiDi could work well for them if ridership grows.

• Like 1