RideKC (Kansas City, MO)

SilentSpades

1 hour ago, SilentSpades said:

Deadass? How's that not been broken as news yet? 

Shoot I almost don't want to ride the bus, considering the nasties that ride on a daily basis. Drivers can only do so much out on the road. 

Damn. Oops. I think I released into I wasn't supposed to. If you see anything on the news later this week about a patient in ICU at research, then I KNEW ABOUT IT. LOL Feels like the movie 12 Monkeys. 

10 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Damn. Oops. I think I released into I wasn't supposed to. If you see anything on the news later this week about a patient in ICU at research, then I KNEW ABOUT IT. LOL Feels like the movie 12 Monkeys. 

That's kinda scary. 

This is getting bad, sports just all cancelled. Events shutting down. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, SilentSpades said:

That's kinda scary. 

This is getting bad, sports just all cancelled. Events shutting down. 

Yeah, it is. But just keep ya faith in God and let him sort it out. That's what I am doing. But them shutting down service would be in the city's hands and right now, doesn't look like it.

P.S. I got 4004 again on the 47

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Yeah, it is. But just keep ya faith in God and let him sort it out. That's what I am doing. But them shutting down service would be in the city's hands and right now, doesn't look like it.

P.S. I got 4004 again on the 47

I definitely am, just do what I have to do to stay healthy, and make sure I am okay. God is good.

I ended up not making the trip tonight sadly, unfortunately there's a situation at the dorms, I moved my stuff out, cause it's getting ridiculous around here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

I definitely am, just do what I have to do to stay healthy, and make sure I am okay. God is good.

I ended up not making the trip tonight sadly, unfortunately there's a situation at the dorms, I moved my stuff out, cause it's getting ridiculous around here.

Yeah it's getting hectic and ppl on the job are asking if we are gonna shut down and how are we gonna get paid.

2 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

Yeah it's getting hectic and ppl on the job are asking if we are gonna shut down and how are we gonna get paid.

Well, my suite-mate has the flu, but for a minute there we were quarantined because of the virus fears. 

I would guess at some point RideKC would be suspending service, but not at the moment. If anything, suspend certain routes, run some extra buses on heavy use routes. Keep people separated

4 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Well, my suite-mate has the flu, but for a minute there we were quarantined because of the virus fears. 

I would guess at some point RideKC would be suspending service, but not at the moment. If anything, suspend certain routes, run some extra buses on heavy use routes. Keep people separated

Yea, but the best way more than likely is to just do a nationwide 2wk shutdown to prevent this thing from spreading like the flu. Iono, we will know something soon.

1 hour ago, neoartic7101 said:

Yea, but the best way more than likely is to just do a nationwide 2wk shutdown to prevent this thing from spreading like the flu. Iono, we will know something soon.

If it comes to that hopefully they will take care of you guys (money wise) during that time. 

It would be weird not seeing buses roaming around, but if thats what must be done, then so be it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RyanB_69 said:

In light of the impending apocalypse, ridekc has decided to purchase 12 brand new Gillig's with DIESEL ENGINE'S! Will replace S148-S159. Apparently the CNG fuel depot is at max capacity and can't handle anymore volume, until more pumps are built. As for ridekc next, I don't like it period.

document (1).pdf 60.62 kB · 0 downloads document (2).pdf 102.69 kB · 0 downloads

Leave it to RideKC to not have the proper infrastructure, they knew they needed to be able to handle 300 buses, why were these not built previously?

Wonder what the rest of the vehicle replacement schedule will look lile since they are over capacity.

We know there are 94 electric buses coming, but how is that going to work, if they dont even have enough CNG pumps, let alone electric infrastructure.

Or is every new order just going to be electric and diesel?

11 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Leave it to RideKC to not have the proper infrastructure, they knew they needed to be able to handle 300 buses, why were these not built previously?

Wonder what the rest of the vehicle replacement schedule will look lile since they are over capacity.

We know there are 94 electric buses coming, but how is that going to work, if they dont even have enough CNG pumps, let alone electric infrastructure.

Or is every new order just going to be electric and diesel?

Later this year, construction will start up at the complex. Buildings will be renovated, a second CNG fueling station will be built as well as technology upgrades. They plan to buy more CNG buses in the future, it won't be all electric. These diesel ones are just a half ass solution to a bigger problem. They usually fuel up buses only at night, but now they'll also do some during the day in between shifts.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:34 PM, RyanB_69 said:

Later this year, construction will start up at the complex. Buildings will be renovated, a second CNG fueling station will be built as well as technology upgrades. They plan to buy more CNG buses in the future, it won't be all electric. These diesel ones are just a half ass solution to a bigger problem. They usually fuel up buses only at night, but now they'll also do some during the day in between shifts.

Would figure just wait and buy some CNG buses. Not like a few more years on the 2008 LFs will hurt them.

At least they're building more pumps. Hopefully the upgrades are worth while

On 3/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, RyanB_69 said:

In light of the impending apocalypse, ridekc has decided to purchase 12 brand new Gillig's with DIESEL ENGINE'S! Will replace S148-S159. Apparently the CNG fuel depot is at max capacity and can't handle anymore volume, until more pumps are built. As for ridekc next, I don't like it period.

document (1).pdf 60.62 kB · 3 downloads document (2).pdf 102.69 kB · 3 downloads

What I tell y'all? We aren't going all CNG. CALLED IT. LOL But we dont really have much room for another CNG pump. 

22 hours ago, SilentSpades said:

Would figure just wait and buy some CNG buses. Not like a few more years on the 2008 LFs will hurt them.

At least they're building more pumps. Hopefully the upgrades are worth while

Oh and those 2008s are shit, they are ready to be retired, trust me. I'm driving one right now.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, neoartic7101 said:

What I tell y'all? We aren't going all CNG. CALLED IT. LOL But we dont really have much room for another CNG pump. 

Oh and those 2008s are shit, they are ready to be retired, trust me. I'm driving one right now.

Piss poor planning by RideKC once again. 

How's everything been down there? Hope y'all are staying safe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Indebus is calling it quits on August 1st. This according to one of the drivers who posted on facebook.

Screenshot_2020-04-29-21-14-48.png

On 3/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, neoartic7101 said:

I heard the new cng pump will be constructed next to the west gate at 17th and Forest. They're going to take some parking spaces for it, also completely redoing the gate entrance.

@RyanB_69 its not a rumor. Its happening. Signs posted at bus stops.Will any of the remaining funds (if any) go to help expand 24 and 15 service?  Could maybe service connecting Truman and Noland to Blue Xing be implemented? Maybe Microtransit?

@RyanB_69 its not a rumor. Its happening. Signs posted at bus stops.

Will any of the remaining funds (if any) go to help expand 24 and 15 service?  Could maybe service connecting Truman and Noland to Blue Xing be implemented? Maybe Microtransit?

Pretty sure the 24 will still go out to Truman & Noland. As for any extension, I would guess no. The city of Independence is cheap. They've always been against public transit, and I think they're manipulating the covid19 quarantine in order to do away with the buses. Lower ridership numbers and all of a sudden no more buses. I wouldn't put it pass them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RyanB_69 said:

Pretty sure the 24 will still go out to Truman & Noland. As for any extension, I would guess no. The city of Independence is cheap. They've always been against public transit, and I think they're manipulating the covid19 quarantine in order to do away with the buses. Lower ridership numbers and all of a sudden no more buses. I wouldn't put it pass them. 

I'd hope the residents speak up and loudly, but they probably won't, and the riders will suffer. 

I hope that they'll at least keep some sort of service for Independence to at least connect to other buses

• 1 month later...

Passed by ATA today, noticed S134 (I think) amd 2614 were all taken apart, front ends and windows missing. I would guess S181 was the recipient of one of those front ends. Noticed more buses than usual in the boneyard, guessing more maintainence? 

@neoartic7101 have you heard when (or if) the electric buses will be here?

On 6/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, SilentSpades said:

Passed by ATA today, noticed S134 (I think) amd 2614 were all taken apart, front ends and windows missing. I would guess S181 was the recipient of one of those front ends. Noticed more buses than usual in the boneyard, guessing more maintainence? 

@neoartic7101 have you heard when (or if) the electric buses will be here?

The extra buses in the "boneyard" do need maintenance. The Rona.

I have been asking around about the electric buses. No word yet. The Rona. ??‍♂️

As for S181....

20200621_000103.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, neoartic7101 said:

The extra buses in the "boneyard" do need maintenance. The Rona.

I have been asking around about the electric buses. No word yet. The Rona. ??‍♂️

As for S181....

20200621_000103.jpg

Nice on S181!!!!! They did a good job. I'm guessing that front end came off of 2614 or S134? 

I'm guessing the Rona affected more than just the service. Hopefully the rona didn't affect the electric or diesel order too badly. 

On 6/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, SilentSpades said:

Nice on S181!!!!! They did a good job. I'm guessing that front end came off of 2614 or S134? 

I'm guessing the Rona affected more than just the service. Hopefully the rona didn't affect the electric or diesel order too badly. 

Screenshot_2020-06-22-19-26-16.png

• Thanks 1