Okotoks Transit provides on-demand transit service to the public from 6:00AM to 11:00PM, Monday to Saturday. Okotoks became the first community in Canada to offer this "curb-to-curb" transit system, which uses a trip booking app to dispatch vehicles to exact addresses.
The service is partly funded by the Alberta GreenTRIP program.
Council approved the on-demand transit plan at the February 11, 2019 meeting. The Okotoks Transit on-demand curb-to-curb ride sharing service launched on December 2, 2019.
- Single trip fare (online only) - $2.75
- 10 tickets (paper & online) - $24.75
- 25 tickets (online only) - $58.44
- 50 tickets (online only) - $110.00
- 75 tickets (online only) - $154.69
- 100 tickets (online only) - $192.50
- 5 years & under – free
- Comfort, Paul. "The Future of Public Transportation". 2020.