Santa Clarita Transit

octabusfan92

Hey y’all, I’m creating a new topic for Santa Clarita Transit. It serves mostly Santa Clarita and it’s surrounding areas. There is also an express service that goes to Downtown LA as well. It’s operated and maintained by MV Transporation, and it’s roster contains of 2010 New Flyer CNG C40LFRs, Gillig Low Floor CNGs, MCI D4500CTs, and two NABI 60-BRT CNGs. The 60 foot articulated buses are used as school trippers for the most part. They also used to have Phantoms, C40LFs, NABI 40-LFWs, and older MCI coaches.

If there is any updates, or schedule changes for Santa Clarita, please use this topic, thanks!

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I have some information regarding Santa Clarita Transit, C40LFR’s 188, 190, 191, 194 have been retired, the rest (189, 192, 193) are used for lunch bus service and school trippers. As far as I know, Santa Clarita Transit will receive 5 ENC Axess BRT Fuel Cell buses (by the end of October 2024), 6 Gillig’s (2024-2025?) five being 40 feet, and one 29 footer.
(I have references, let me know by replying this to view the references.)

In the summer of 2024, Metrolink will send SCT their ridership for the new Vista Canyon Multi-Modal TC, SCT will use the information to coordinate regular scheduled bus service to serve Vista Canyon. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, t0nyxldr said:

Hi,

I have some information regarding Santa Clarita Transit, C40LFR’s 188, 190, 191, 194 have been retired, the rest (189, 192, 193) are used for lunch bus service and school trippers. As far as I know, Santa Clarita Transit will receive 5 ENC Axess BRT Fuel Cell buses (by the end of October 2024), 6 Gillig’s (2024-2025?) five being 40 feet, and one 29 footer.
(I have references, let me know by replying this to view the references.)

In the summer of 2024, Metrolink will send SCT their ridership for the new Vista Canyon Multi-Modal TC, SCT will use the information to coordinate regular scheduled bus service to serve Vista Canyon. 

That’s interesting they’ll get ENC Fuel Cell buses, despite the fact that they are closing down later this year

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So looks like Santa Clarita Transit cancelled the contract with ENC, and switching to getting New Flyer XHE40 buses. 

I’m not sure about the Santa Clarita LFRs, but as of lately according to TransSee, they haven’t been active as the last one (189) was last spotted 10 days ago

• Thanks 1