York Region Transit route 87 'Autumn Hill'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , New Flyer XD40 , Van Hool A330 , Nova Bus LFS|
87 Autumn Hill is a local route operated by York Region Transit in Vaughan and Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.
Route 87 mainly serves Ten Oaks Boulevard, Autumn Hill Boulevard, and Garden Avenue.
This route serves the Maple, Thornhill Woods, Richvale, and Bayview Glen communities. It also serves Stephen Lewis Secondary School, North Thornhill Community Centre, and Langstaff Secondary School. Some trips also serve Rutherford GO Station.
This route has 1 main branch:
Route 87 is the only Richmond Hill-series route to not have a direct precursor from a Richmond Hill route. YRT created this route after amalgamation to provide more service to the Maple and Bayview Glen communities, and to serve the new Thornhill Woods community in between. Rush hour service was originally operated.
- September 3, 2002 - New rush hour route is introduced incorporating a portion of the eliminated route branch 82A.
- August 31, 2003 - Thornhill Woods area service is adjusted to use Summeridge Drive, Thornhill Woods Drive and Sugar Maple Lane.
- January 4, 2004 - Route is revised slightly to operate via High Tech Road instead of Highway 7 between Red Maple Road and Bathurst Street.
- September 5, 2004 - Service will now operate the permanent routing through the Thornhill Woods Community via Thornhill Woods Drive and Autumn Hill Boulevard to Dufferin Street. Buses no longer operate via Maple Sugar Lane, Pleasant Ridge Avenue, Langstaff Road, and Dufferin Street.
- September 4, 2005 - Service was increased to 6 days a week, and buses now operated in both directions through Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.
- January 28, 2007 - Service will no longer operate into the Langstaff GO Station bus loop during weekday middays and on Saturdays.
- September 4, 2007 - Service will operate into Rutherford GO Station during weekday rush hours only to meet GO train trips. At all other times, buses will operate direct on Rutherford Road.
- July 3, 2010 - The routing on Saturdays is revised to operate both ways via Jane Street and Rutherford Road. Service on weekdays continue to operate on Melville Avenue.
- April 24, 2011 - With the opening of the new pedestrian bridge connecting Richmond Hill Centre Terminal and Langstaff GO Station, service will no longer directly service the Langstaff GO Station bus terminal.
- February 2012 - Route 87 was declared fully accessible.
- July 1, 2012 - Route 87 was shortened in the Summer 2012 service changes. During off-peak hours, the route short-turns in the east at Richmond Hill Centre and in the west Vaughan Mills Mall. Service operates the full route between Teston Road and Bayview Avenue during weekday rush hours only.
- June 30, 2013 - Route 87 was renamed from Langstaff-Maple to Autumn Hill and had service operations cut to rush hours only between Vaughan Mills and Richmond Hill Centre, with service east and north of it discontinued.
|Vaughan Mills Mall||87|
|Rutherford GO Station||87|
|Autumn Hill Blvd. @ Bathurst St.||87|
|Richmond Hill Centre Terminal||87|
|Mosque Gt. @ Teston Rd.||87||87||87|
|Major Mackenzie Dr. @ Melville Ave.||87||87||87|
|Vaughan Mills Mall||87|
|Rutherford GO Station||87||87||87|
|Bathurst St. @ Summeridge Dr.||87||87||87|
|Richmond Hill Centre Terminal||87||87|
|Langstaff GO Station||87||87|
|Bayview Ave. @ Bantry Ave.||87||87||87|
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|