Toronto Transit Commission route 986 'Scarborough Express'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Distance||14.00km (Kennedy Station - Sheppard)|
|Blue Night||334 Eglinton East|
|Types of vehicles used||Nova Bus LFS|
986 Scarborough Express is an express bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route services Eglinton Avenue East between Kennedy Road and Kingston Road, Kingston Road between Eglinton Avenue East and Meadowvale Road, and on Meadowvale Road between Kingston Road and Sheppard Avenue East. This route runs express between Kennedy Station and Kingston Road/Celeste Drive, and then serves all stops to Meadowvale Road/Sheppard Avenue East. The northeastern terminal is Sheppard Avenue East, and the southwestern terminal is Kennedy Station for its one branch, 986. This route operates during the peak periods on weekdays only.
- March 14, 1988 - Route introduced as the express branch of the 86 Scarborough, known as the 86C Scarborough Express operating from Kennedy Station to Sheppard via Eglinton Avenue East, Kingston Road and Meadowvale Road.
- February 14, 2000 - Route renumbered to 86E Scarborough Express.
- June 19, 2005 - Route made accessible .
- January 7, 2019 - With the implementation of the TTC's express network, this route is renamed to 986 Scarborough Express.
Previous route maps
This route has 1 branch:
- 986 Kennedy Station - Sheppard
Overnight service is provided by route 334 Eglinton East on Eglinton Avenue East between Kennedy Road and Kingston Road, and on Kingston Road between Eglinton Avenue East and Morningside Avenue.
Buses that can appear on 986 Scarborough Express include Nova Bus LFS .