Toronto Transit Commission route 84 'Sheppard West'
|Number of Branches||3|
|Distance||12.46km (Sheppard-Yonge Station - Weston Rd)|
16.84km (Sheppard-Yonge Station - Steeles via Arrow)
18.20km (Sheppard-Yonge Station - Pioneer Village Station via Oakdale)
|Blue Night||384 Sheppard West|
|Types of vehicles used||Nova Bus LFS HEV , Nova Bus LFS , New Flyer XE40|
84 Sheppard West is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route services Sheppard Avenue West west of Yonge Street. It also provides service on Arrow Road/Signet Drive and Oakdale Road/Norfinch Drive between Sheppard Avenue West and Steeles Avenue West. There is one eastern terminal, which is Sheppard-Yonge Station. Western terminals include Weston Road for 84A, Steeles Avenue and Signet Drive for 84C, and Pioneer Village Station for 84D. Branches 84C and 84D only operate during rush hours on weekdays.
- June 22, 2014 - Due to a system-wide reorganization of route branch designations, branch 84 to Weston Road is changed to 84A and branch 84A to Steeles via Arrow Road is changed to 84C.
- December 17, 2017 - With the opening of the new Line 1 extension, express branch 84E is introduced to replace the defunct 196B York University Express route. In addition, service on the 84D branch will be extended to serve the new Pioneer Village Station.
- September 2, 2018 - As part of the TTC's initiative to reorganizing surface express bus routes, branch 84E is transferred to it's own route, 984 Sheppard West Express.
Previous route maps
This route has 3 branches:
- 84A Sheppard-Yonge Station - Weston Rd
- 84C Sheppard-Yonge Station - Steeles via Arrow Rd
- 84D Sheppard-Yonge Station - Pioneer Village Station via Oakdale
Overnight service is provided by 384 Sheppard West on Sheppard Avenue West between Yonge Street and Weston Road. The rest of the route does not have overnight service, however, the route operates until 2:00 AM every day.