Toronto Transit Commission route 7 'Bathurst'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Distance||15.11km (Bathurst Station - Steeles)|
|Blue Night||307 Bathurst|
|Types of vehicles used||Nova Bus LFS Artic , Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10|
7 Bathurst is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This route provides service on Bathurst Street between Bloor Street West and Steeles Avenue West. Its southern terminal is Bathurst Station and the northern terminal is Steeles Avenue West for its one branch, 7.
- December 1, 1938 - Route begins operation. Route runs along Bathurst Street from Glencairn to St. Clair. It operated Mondays to Saturdays, rush hours only.
- September 7, 1956 - Route given the number 7. Branch 7 operated daily from Sheppard to St. Clair. Branch 7A operated daily from Dufferin to St. Clair via Glencairn. Branch 7B operated from Lawrence to St. Clair. Branch 7C operated outside rush hours from Melrose to St. Clair. Branch 7D operated from Wilson to St. Clair. Branch 7E operated from York Downs to St. Clair.
- February 18, 1957 - New express branch 7F created from Sheppard to St. Clair.
- July 2, 1957 - Branch 7C eliminated.
- February 2, 1959 - Branch 7F replaced by branch 7G to provide service to Lawrence Manor.
- August 2, 1960 - New branch 7J created, operating Monday to Saturdays from Finch to St. Clair.
- October 18, 1961 - Branch 7J extended north from Finch to Drewry.
- August 21, 1964 - Branch 7J extended north to Steeles.
- November 1, 1964 - Branch 7A extended from Dufferin to Caledonia.
- February 26, 1966 - With opening of the Bloor-Danforth Line, all branches extended south from St. Clair to Bathurst Station.
- January 28, 1978 - Route restructured due to Spadina Line opening. Branch 7 operated daily from Steeles to Wilson Station. Branch 7A operated daily from Steeles to St. Clair West Station. Branch 7B operated from Wilson Station to Bathurst Station.
- August 15, 1979 - Branches 7A and 7B discontinued. New branch 7C operates daily from Steeles to Bathurst Station.
- June 26, 1983 - Branch 7G created, operating Monday to Saturdays from Wilson Station to Highway 7B (Centre Street) in Vaughan.
- September 4, 1990 - Branches 7 and 7G incorporated to route 160.
- January 3, 1993 - Moved from Davenport Division to Wilson Division.
- February 16, 1997 - Branch 7C made accessible.
- June 14, 1998 - Branches simplified. Branch 7 operates daily from Steeles to Bathurst Station. Branch 7A operated rush hours only from Wilson Station to St. Clair West Station.
- June 19, 2005 - Branch 7 made part of a 1 year bike-rack pilot project.
- June 24, 2007 - Branch 7A made accessible and bike-rack equipped.
- Summer 2007 - 7A branch extended to Bathurst Station due to closure of St. Clair West Station bus terminal for streetcar track construction.
- March 30, 2008 - Temporarily divided into 7B (Bathurst Station - St. Clair West Station) and 7C (St. Clair West Station - Steeles) because of streetcar track construction on Bathurst.
- June 21, 2009 - Full service restored. Branch 7A eliminated.
- December 20, 2013 - First articulated bus in service.
- March 30, 2014 - Weekday trips converted to full articulated bus service.
- June 22, 2015 - Route is added to the Ten Minute Network. All service between Bathurst Station and Steeles Avenue West will operate at intervals of ten minutes or better whenever the subway is open.
Previous route maps
This route has 1 branch:
- 7 Bathurst Station - Steeles
Overnight service is provided by 307 Bathurst over the entire route.
Retired GM New Look #2327 seen at Bathurst Station.
Retired GM New Look #2339 seen at Bathurst Station.
Orion VII #7907 seen at Bathurst Street and St. Clair Avenue West.
- https://transit.toronto.on.ca/bus/routes/7-bathurst.shtml TransitToronto. Retrieved 15 February 2018.