Toronto Transit Commission route 105 'Dufferin North'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Distance||5.00km (Sheppard West Station - Steeles)|
6.94km (Wilson Station - Steeles)
|Blue Night||329 Dufferin|
|Types of vehicles used||Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10|
105 Dufferin North is a bus route operated by the Toronto Transit Commission in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
For detailed information about service north of Steeles, see the YRT route history for 105 Dufferin.
This route provides service on Dufferin Street between Sheppard Avenue West and Steeles Avenue West. There is one northern terminal which is Steeles Avenue West. Southern terminals include Sheppard West Station for 105A and Wilson Station for 105D. Branch 105D only operates during the early morning on Sundays.
- April 30, 2000 - Route is renamed from 105 Wilson Heights. Service is extended north from the off-street loop at Centre Street to Rutherford Road. Until the completion of Confederation Parkway, buses will temporarily loop on-street via Dufferin Hill Drive and Forest Run Boulevard.
- February 19, 2008 - Peak-period branch 105B to Major Mackenzie is introduced. Buses loop via Prince Rupert Avenue, Major Mackenzie Drive, and Dufferin Street.
- November 23, 2008 - New service will be operated during the late evening periods every day on the new branch 105C to Steeles. Service on Dufferin Street between Downsview Station and Steeles Avenue West will operate whenever the subway is open.
- November 22, 2009 - Route is rerouted off Wilson Heights Boulevard to operate on the bus-only lanes on Dufferin Street.
- May 8, 2011 - Due to system-wide service cuts, service is removed after 10pm on Sundays and Holidays.
- June 22, 2014 - Due to a system-wide reorganization of route branch designations, branch 105 to Rutherford is redesignated 105A and early Sunday morning branch 105A from Wilson Station is redesignated 105D.
- September 6, 2015 - Service after 10pm on Sundays and Holidays on the 105C branch is restored.
- December 17, 2017 - At the request of York Region Transit, service north of Steeles will no longer be operated by the TTC. Service is replaced by York Region Transit 105 Dufferin .
Previous route maps
This route has 2 branches:
Overnight service is provided by 329 Dufferin over the entire route.
Buses that can appear on 105 Dufferin North include Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10 .