Detroit Department of Transportation timeline 2014-2023
A timeline of Detroit Department of Transportation-related events that took place between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2023.
- DDOT purchases 31 New Flyer Industries XD40s as the first part of a two-year 80-vehicle order. These become 1400-1430.
- February 8, 2014 - Saturday service changes take effect:
- February 9, 2014 - Sunday service changes take effect:
- February 10, 2014 - Weekday service changes take effect:
- December 2, 2014 - DDOT sends out additional buses to pick up school students that were left stranded after a massive citywide power outage closes schools.
- January 8, 2015 - The first seven XD40s, ordered in 2014, are placed in service.
- January 22, 2015 - DDOT sends out additional buses to provide service to downtown offices and the then-ongoing North American International Auto Show after a People Mover train derails.
Service returns to 2009 levels, while the number of buses in service at peak hours reaches levels not seen since 1996.
- January 23, 2016 - Winter service changes take effect:
- April 23, 2016 - Spring service changes take effect:
- August 2, 2016 - The homepage of DDOT's website is redesigned to add a bus tracker map that was previously based only at an external website.