Detroit Department of Transportation route 77 'Hamilton Limited'
At the time of discontinuation, this route provided limited-stop service during weekday rush hours from downtown Detroit to 7 Mile and Southfield Roads on the west side.
- October 18, 1947 - Service begins as a Detroit Street Railway route called Hamilton Express, supplementing local service along Hamilton Avenue. The downtown terminus was at Grand River Avenue and Washington Boulevard.
- December 5, 1950 - The first 6/10-mile-long portion of the John C. Lodge Freeway opens between Pallister and Holden Streets and service is modified to begin using the freeway, thus beginning 62 years of the utilization of portions of the Detroit freeway network by DSR and later DDOT services.
- 1953 - The Lodge Freeway is extended south to Temple Street, thus, service is modified to utilize this new segment.
- September 24, 1954 - The Lodge Freeway is extended south to Bagley Street, thus, service is modified to utilize this new segment.
- October 1955 - The Lodge Freeway is extended north to Glendale Street, thus, service is modified to utilize this new segment as far north as Clairmount Street.
- July 1, 1974 - Service carried on by DDOT.
- September 8, 1992 - Service discontinued.