Coast Mountain Bus Company route 743 'Haney Place / Meadowtown / South Haney'
|Service Area||Maple Ridge|
227th Street at Haney Bypass*
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Branches||743 Haney Place|
743 South Haney (Sundays/holidays only)
* all Sunday/holiday trips travel to South Haney only, terminating at 227th Street & Haney Bypass
743 Haney Place/Meadowtown/South Haney is a Community Shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west shuttle route running between Pitt Meadows and the District of Maple Ridge. Service is available every half hour, Monday through Saturday and special hourly service on Sundays and holidays.
Trips depart Meadowtown by access road onto Dunn Avenue to Maple Meadows Station, then access road, West Street, Hammond Road, 203rd Street northbound, east along 123rd Avenue, Laity Street, River Road to Port Haney Station and then back onto River Road to Haney Bypass. The route continues from Haney Bypass turning north along 227th Street, 116th Avenue, 225th, North Avenue, 224th Street to Dewdney Trunk Road and then Edge Street to McIntosh and Haney Place.
Service to Meadowtown Centre from Haney Place route by McIntosh, 226th Street, Lougheed Highway, 225th Street, 116th Avenue, 227th, Haney Bypass and then Callaghan and 223rd Street to River Road to Port Haney Station before continuing west.
Sunday and holiday service operates only between Haney Place and South Haney routing in a clockwise loop by McIntosh, 226th Street, Lougheed Highway to 225th Street southbound, 116th Avenue, 227th Street, Haney Bypass westbound, 225th Street northbound onto North Avenue, 224th Street, Dewdney Trunk Road and then Edge Street back to Haney Place Exchange.
Points of Interest
- December 2005 - Shuttle route introduced to replace portions of conventional bus service formerly provided by routes 705 Meadow Ridge/Haney Place and 712 Haney Place/Meadow Ridge/Maple Meadows Station
- April 2006 - Hourly service on Sundays and holidays introduced between Haney Place and South Haney; service rerouted by 227th Street 
- June 2018 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved: service renumbered from C43 to 743 with no changes in routing or frequency
- September 2018 - All peak hour trips extended from Maple Meadows Station to Meadowtown Centre and all Saturday trips revised to operate via Maple Meadows Station
- TransLink launches new neighbourhood-friendly Community Shuttle routes in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2015
- The Buzzer June 15, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-06-2018
- Fall Transit Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2018