Coast Mountain Bus Company route 743 'Haney Place / Meadowtown / South Haney'
|Service Area||Maple Ridge|
227th Street at Haney Bypass*
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Branches||743 Haney Place|
743 South Haney*
* All Sunday/holiday trips travel to South Haney only instead of Meadowtown, terminating at 227th Street & Haney Bypass
743 Haney Place/Meadowtown/South Haney is a Community Shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route connecting Haney Place in Maple Ridge and Meadowtown in Pitt Meadows via River Road. Service runs daily and is available every 40 minutes on weekdays, increasing to every 30 minutes during peak hours and hourly in evenings. Weekend and holiday service is hourly.
Eastbound trips depart Meadowtown by heading east on mall access road onto Dunn Avenue to Maple Meadows Station, then east on Dunn Avenue, south on West Street becoming Hammond Road heading east, north on 203rd Street, east on 123rd Avenue, south on Laity Street, east on River Road, east on the Haney Bypass, north on 227th Street, west on 116th Avenue, north on 225th Street, west on North Avenue, north on 224th Street, east on Dewdney Trunk Road, and south on Edge Street to Haney Place.
Westbound trips depart Haney Place heading east on McIntosh Avenue, south on 226th Street, west on Lougheed Highway, south on 225th Street, east on 116th Avenue, south on 227th Street, east on the Haney Bypass, south on Callaghan Avenue becoming 223rd Street, west on River Road, north on Laity Street, west on 123rd Avenue, south on 203rd Street, west on Hammond Road becoming West Street heading north, and west on Dunn Avenue to Maple Meadows Station. Continuing from Maple Meadows Station, trips head west on Dunn Avenue becoming mall access road to Meadowtown.
On Sundays/holidays, the service runs as a circular service running between Haney Place and South Haney. Trips depart Haney Place via regular route to 227th Street & Haney Bypass, then head west on the Haney Bypass, north on 225th Street and then regular route to Haney Place.
Points of Interest
- December 2005 - Service introduced as C43 Meadowtown/Maple Meadows Station/Haney Place running Monday–Saturday with peak hour trips terminating at maple Meadows Station. Replaced portions of the 705 Meadow Ridge/Haney Place and 712 Haney Place/Meadow Ridge/Maple Meadows Station
- April 2006 - Sunday/holiday service introduced, running every hour between Haney Place and South Haney; service rerouted by 227th Street
- June 2018 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved: Service renumbered from C43 to 743 with no changes in routing or frequency
- September 2018 - All peak hour trips extended from Maple Meadows Station to Meadowtown Centre and all Saturday trips revised to operate via Maple Meadows Station
- TransLink launches new neighbourhood-friendly Community Shuttle routes in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010
- The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-08-2015
- The Buzzer June 15, 2018 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 22-06-2018
- Fall Transit Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 03-09-2018