Coast Mountain Bus Company route 340 'Scottsdale / 22nd Street Station'
22nd Street Station
|Operations||Hamilton Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI XN40 |
Nova Bus LFS HEV
340 22nd Street Station
340 Scottsdale/22nd Street Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west inter-regional route connecting the cities of Surrey, Delta and New Westminster with SkyTrain service. The route provides service every 30 minutes, every 15 minutes during peak hour, and every 60 minutes in the late night.
The route departs 22nd Street Station by 7th Avenue onto 20th Street, Marine Drive and then access lane onto the Queensborough Bridge and Highway 91A. The route continues from the Howe Street Interchange along Highway 91A onto Highway 91, through the Cliveden Interchange and across the Alex Fraser Bridge southbound until exiting onto 64th Avenue and then Kittson Parkway. From Kittson the route returns back onto 64th Avenue followed by Scott Road northbound to mall access road and Scottsdale Exchange.
Westbound trips enter 22nd Street Station by exiting Highway 91A and the Queensborough Bridge onto the bus lane followed by 23rd Street and then 7th Avenue.
Points of Interest
- April 1987 - Route Introduced as 340 Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station as a peak hour only service. Frequency was every thirty minutes. 
- March 1990 - All day service introduced and extended from Scottsdale Mall to Newton Exchange to replace portions of the 323 and 324 between Scottsdale and Newton, and the 312 between Scottsdale and 22nd Street Station
- September 1990 - Select peak hour trips extended along 72nd Avenue to 144th Street in Sullivan Heights to the Surrey Civic Centre
- September 1991 - Route extended to Cloverdale 
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1993 - Re-routed to 60th Avenue and 152nd Street to Cloverdale
- September 2007 - Route split in two to form 340 Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station and 341 Guildford/Newton Exchange/Cloverdale
- June 2008 - Route shortened to run between Scottsdale and 22nd Street Station with the extension of route 319 Scott Road Station/Newton Exchange and service increased on all days
- April 2012 - Orion V coaches introduced to the route for added passenger comfort
- December 2012 - Removal of Orion V coaches on weekday service
- September 2019 - Route operations moved from Surrey Transit Centre to Hamilton Transit Centre
- The Buzzer April 10, 1987 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 05-10-2014
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 24, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- The Buzzer August 16 1991 Issue, retrieved 03-10-2014
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 26, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 13-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 24, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-10-2014
- The Buzzer April 14, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-06-19
- The Buzzer December 7, 2012 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 28-12-2017