Coast Mountain Bus Company route 324 'Newton Exchange / Surrey Central Station'
Surrey Central Station
|Operations||Surrey Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI D40LFR |
|Branches||324 Newton Exchange|
324 Surrey Central Station
324 Newton Exchange/Surrey Central Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route running in Surrey connecting Newton Exchange and Surrey Central Station running primarily on 132nd Street. Service runs daily every 30 minutes, increasing to every 20 minutes during peak hours.
Northbound trips depart Newton Exchange heading east on 72nd Avenue, south on 138th Street, becoming 68th Avenue, north on 132nd Street, east on 104th Avenue, and south on City Parkway to Surrey Central Station.
Southbound trips depart Surrey Central Station heading north on University Drive, west on 104th Avenue, south on 132nd Street, east on 68th Avenue becoming 138th Street, and west on 72nd Avenue to Newton Exchange.
Points of Interest
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Surrey Central Station (Bay 8)
- Kwantlen Park Secondary School
- Surrey Transit Centre
- École Gabrielle-Roy
- Newton Youth Centre
- Surrey Public Library Newton Branch
- Newton Town Centre
- Newton Wave Pool
- Newton Exchange (Bay 8)
- Newton Recreation Centre and Community Hall
- October 1975 - Service introduced as 324 132nd Street, providing local service between Whalley Exchange and Newton Exchange. Select trips ran to South Newton displaying "To Panorama Ridge–56th Avenue"
- September 1982 - Downtown terminus moved to Melville Street east of Thurlow
- January 1986 - Service to Vancouver discontinued
- November 1986 - Service revised to operate between Whalley Exchange and Scottsdale Mall, with peak hour express service extending to New Westminster Station
- March 1990 - Express peak hour service between Whalley Exchange and Scott Road Station introduced and service rerouted from Newton Exchange to King George Highway; service between Newton Exchange and Scottsdale Mall replaced by the 
- October 2001 - Service after 10:00 PM is cancelled and the routing revised to travel along 68th Avenue between 138th Street and King George Highway for better service to Newton Exchange
- April 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2008 - Weekend and holiday service improved to 30 minute frequencies while Monday to Friday service is improved to 30 minutes from 6AM to 9PM in conjunction with routes 323 Newton Exchange/Surrey Central Station and 324 Newton Exchange/Surrey Central Station
- The Buzzer October 28, 1975 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-2017
- The Buzzer September 3, 1982 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-11-2017
- The Buzzer October 24, 1986 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer March 9, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020
- Service cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009
- The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 01-12-2017