Coast Mountain Bus Company route 2 'Macdonald-16th Ave / Burrard Stn'
2 MacDonald-16th Avenue/Burrard Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route serving Downtown Vancouver and the neighbourhood of Kitsilano. It acts as a supplement to route 22 Knight/Macdonald . The route runs from approximately 6:30am to 7:00pm, Monday to Sunday.
The route leaves Downtown Vancouver from Melville Street at Thurlow and performs a clockwise loop by Thurlow and West Pender to access Burrard Street. It travels south along Burrard crossing the Burrard Street Bridge onto Cornwall Avenue, Point Grey Road and then MacDonald Street. It terminates on west 16th at Trutch from turning west on 16th Avenue at MacDonald.
Points of Interest
- Burrard SkyTrain Station (Bay 4)
- Hotel Vancouver
- Robson Street Shopping District
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Burrard Street Bridge
- Vanier Park
- Space Centre
- Kitsilano Beach & Pool/Community Centre
- Carnarvon Park
- Formerly route 2 Park & Ride Downtown (BC Transit)
- June 1996 - Trips interlined with route 1 Gastown/Beach
- April 1997 - Route discontinued to be replaced by suburban services
- June 1997 - Short turn trips by 22 Downtown renumbered as 2 Yaletown/Downtown/MacDonald; Service extended to cover areas east of Yaletown
- October 2001 - Yaletown portion of service of 2 MacDonald/16th Avenue/Yaletown discontinued due to low ridership
- December 2010 - Sunday and holiday service introduced
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
- BC Transit System Route Frequency, bctransit.com, retrieved 17-09-2009
- The Buzzer June 14, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 25-03-2010
- The Buzzer June 13, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010
- Transit Service Reductions effective October 2001, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 21-09-2009
- Transit service changes December 13, 2010, translink.ca, retrieved 30-11-2010