Coast Mountain Bus Company route 27 'Kootenay Loop / Joyce Stn'
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||27 Kootenay Loop|
27 Joyce Station
27 Kootenay Loop/Joyce Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a north-south route serving mainly residential neighbourhoods in East Vancouver.
The route leaves Joyce Station by Vanness Avenue westbound, north on Joyce Street, Wellington westbound onto Rupert street to continue north until Adanac. From Adanac at Rupert it travels east, takes Boundary Road north and then west along East Hastings Street to reach Kootenay Loop.
A School Special trip departs from E. Broadway & Penticton Street to Kootenay Loop and heads east on Broadway, north on Rupert and continues to Kootenay Loop with no changes in routing.
Limited early morning trips depart from Kingsway & Boundary Road heading west to Kootenay Loop, with one trip on Saturdays terminating at Joyce Station. The trips travel west on Kingsway, north on Joyce Street and continue with no changes in routing.
Points of Interest
- October 1976 - Service introduced
- December 1981 - Re-routed to Champlain Heights
- May 1984 - Destination sign simplification: 27 Rupert renamed to 27 Kootenay Loop/Champlain Heights
- January 1986 - Service revised to connect with SkyTrain at Joyce Station
- May 1986 - Southern terminus moved to Joyce SkyTrain Station
- October 1990 - Accessible service introduced
- The Buzzer October 15, 1976 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 25-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 11, 1981 Isue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-11-2017
- The Buzzer May 25, 1984 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer December 20, 1985 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-04-2020
- The Buzzer May 23, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-09-2015
- The Buzzer October 5, 1990 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 27-04-2020