Difference between revisions of "Coast Mountain Bus Company route 257 'Horseshoe Bay / Vancouver Express'"
(→West Vancouver PNE Specials: Numeric indicators)
m (Fixed image link)
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
| style= width="122px" colspan=2 align="center" |[[File:
| style= width="122px" colspan=2 align="center" |[[File:18018.jpg|300px|thumb|center|New Flyer XDE60 – 18018 operating on route 257 Vancouver Express sitting at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal, preparing for its trip back to Downtown Vancouver on May 18, 2019.]]
Latest revision as of 23:35, 7 November 2019
|Termini||Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal|
Dunsmuir Street at Cambie Street
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||NFI DE60LFR |
Nova Bus LFS (during snowfall)
|Branches||257 Horseshoe Bay Express|
257 Vancouver Express
257 Horseshoe Bay/Vancouver is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west express route providing service between Downtown Vancouver and the ferry terminal at Horseshoe Bay.
The route departs Downtown via Dunsmuir westbound turning onto Richards Street, West Georgia to Stanley Park via Stanley Park Causeway Road and the Lions Gate Bridge. The route exits the bridge onto Marine Drive westbound taking 15th Street north, Cross Creek Road to the on-ramp to access the Upper Levels Highway and then Horseshoe Bay via Keith Road to Keith Road & Bay Street.
Eastbound trips depart Horseshoe Bay along Keith Road to Bay Street, and onto the Upper Levels Highway. In Downtown the route takes Georgia Street until Cambie and then onto Dunsmuir where it terminates on Dunsmuir at Cambie.
257 Horseshoe Bay/Vancouver Express Stops
- Dunsmuir Street & Cambie Street
- W. Georgia Street & Granville Street
- W. Georgia Street & Burrard Street
- W. Georgia Street & Denman Street
- Park Royal
- Marine Drive & 14th Street
- 15th Street & Ottawa Avenue
- Horseshoe Bay
Points of Interest
- Stadium–Chinatown Station
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Vancouver Public Library Central Branch
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Burrard Station
- Hotel Vancouver
- Pacific Centre
- Granville Station
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Royal Centre Mall
- Stanley Park
- Coal Harbor
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Park Royal
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Ambleside Park
- Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal
- November 1987 - Due to low ridership, section between Gleneagles Park and Ride and Marine Drive & Gallagher eliminated
- 1992 - Route is served by newly acquired Orion I units
- 2002–2009 - Route served by New Flyer Industries D60 articulated buses leased from TransLink
- 2009 - Route served by New Flyer Industries D60LFR articulated buses
- May 2016 - Horseshoe Bay Village portion of route eliminated
- August 2017 - PNE special trips discontinued
- September 2018 - Operations moved from West Vancouver Transit to Coast Mountain Bus Company's Burnaby Transit Centre and all trips revised to operate with articulated buses. Frequency increased to every 20 minutes for most of the day and service extended to start earlier and end later. Interlining with 259 Lions Bay/Horseshoe Bay discontinued
- March 2019 - Pick up and drop off at all stops on all days at all times introduced to improve service operations
West Vancouver PNE Specials
During The Fair at the Pacific National Exhibition from late August to early September, select trips extended to the PNE from Horseshoe Bay via regular route, Marine Drive becoming 3rd Street, Cotton Road, Main Street, Highway 1, McGill Street, Renfrew Street to Coliseum Loop. Return trips terminated at Park Royal. This service was discontinued in 2017 due to low ridership and more frequent connections with the 95 B-Line.
There were six PNE-bound trips daily. Four departed from Horseshoe Bay (two in the morning and two in the afternoon) two started from Marine Drive & 25th Street (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Eight trips departed from the PNE, all in the afternoon. Two trips terminated at Park Royal and another two at Marine & 25th. The rest terminated at Horseshoe Bay.
- The Buzzer October 23, 1987 Issue translink.ca, retrieved 26-11-2017
- 257 Horseshoe Bay/Vancouver Schedule, westvancouver.net, retrieved 09-28-09