Coast Mountain Bus Company route 239 'Capilano University / Park Royal'
|Service Area||North Vancouver|
|Operations||Burnaby Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||Nova Bus LFS|
|Branches||239 Capilano University|
239 Park Royal
239 Phibbs Exchange (select trips)
239 Lonsdale Quay (select late night trips)
239 Capilano University/Park Royal is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a crosstown route serving most parts of North Vancouver, including connections to Phibbs Exchange and Lonsdale Quay.
The route for the most part, follows Marine Drive in North Vancouver. The route stops at Lonsdale Quay for passengers to connect to the SeaBus and many other North Vancouver bus routes. At Phibbs Exchange, the 239 connects to routes serving Vancouver, Burnaby, and the numerous districts of North Vancouver.
In the case of traffic from either of the bridges, the route may split in two at Phibbs Exchange with a shuttle operating between Phibbs and Capilano University.
Points of Interest
- Capilano University (Bay 5)
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 10 - Park Royal) (Bay 5 - Capilano)
- Park and Tilford
- Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- SeaBus Terminal
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 6 - Park Royal) (Bay 7 - Capilano/Phibbs)
- Capilano Mall
- Norgate Park (Westbound AM Peak Only)
- Pemberton Park (Westbound AM Peak Only)
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- February 1974 - Route 215 Lillooet introduced for service between Capilano College and Phibbs Exchange.
- September 1976 - 239 Crosstown introduced with service from Phibbs Exchange to Park Royal.
- October 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1998 - Service extended to Capilano College (now Capilano University) with cancellation of route 218 Capilano College/Phibbs Exchange
- September 1998 - Overload peak trips discontinued with extended 28 service to Capilano College (now Capilano University) 
- April 2008 - Bus bay at Lonsdale Quay moved to the west side of the station to facilitate operational efficiency
- June 2008 - Late night service extended from Lonsdale Quay to Capilano University
- June 2011 - All trips revised to serve Capilano University and route added to the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- September 2016 - North Vancouver Transit Centre closed down, operations moved to Burnaby Transit Centre
- The Buzzer January 18, 1974 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer September 24, 1976 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2016
- The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 17-01-2017
- The Buzzer March 20, 1998 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2017
- The Buzzer August 21, 1998 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 12-01-2016
- The Buzzer December 14, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-12-2017
- The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 19-12-2017
- June 2011 Transit Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2011