Coast Mountain Bus Company route 170 'Port Coquitlam Station / Port Coquitlam South'
This article is about the renumbered Community Shuttle service in Port Coquitlam, not to be confused with the Expo 86 shuttle service 170 Park–Ride/New Westminster Station.
|Service Area||Port Coquitlam|
|Termini||Port Coquitlam Station|
Western Drive at Eastern Drive
|Operations||Port Coquitlam Transit Centre|
|Vehicles||ElDorado National Aerotech |
|Branches||170 Port Coquitlam Station|
170 Port Coquitlam South
170 Port Coquitlam South via Reeve (two trips only)
170 Port Coquitlam Station/Port Coquitlam South is a Community Shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, BC Canada.
This is a north-south shuttle route operating exclusively in the City of Port Coquitlam in a clockwise loop. The route operates every half hour, Monday to Sunday with improved 15 minute service during peak hours.
Trips depart Port Coquitlam Station onto Wilson Avenue heading westbound followed by Shaughnessy Street, Pitt River Road eastbound onto Eastern Drive, Western Drive and then Mary Hill Road back onto Pitt River, Reeve Street and then Wilson Avenue back to Port Coquitlam Station.
Two trips on weekday afternoons go via Wilson, Reeve, Pitt River, then regular route.
Points of Interest
- September 2003 - Service introduced as C36 Port Coquitlam Station/Port Coquitlam South during Community Shuttle service rollout in the Tri-CIties to replace the 161 Mary Hill/Port Coquitlam Centre/Port Coquitlam Station/Coquitlam Station
- September 2007 - Peak period service improved to every 15 minutes
- December 19, 2016 - Community Shuttle branding dissolved, service renumbered to 170 without any route changes
- The Buzzer August 24, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-04-2010
- Bus Route Buzz: Port Coquitlam and northeast Coquitlam – 159/188/C37/C38/C40, translink.ca retrieved 09-12-2016